30. Guest
31. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 28,637

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info needed
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info needed
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Fertilisers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nanomania
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:48 am Post subject: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info needed Reply with quote

i  have  read  in  many  forums  that  glutaraldehyde  is  a  carbon  source  and  is  good  for  planted  tanks  that  dont  dose  co2.  people  in  usa  use  metricide  (we  dont  get  here  in  india)  which  has  a  lower  concentration  and  have  got  amazing  results.  but  i  read  in  wikipedia  that  it  has  bad  effects  on  mosses.  anyone  here  used  or  using  it?
nanomania
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:29 pm Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

anyone?
saikumar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:38 pm Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

Did  you  search  for  it  on  the  forum?

This  is  the  Top  12th  tank  of  INDIA  for  IAPLC,  and  you  can  see  the  plant  list  as  well.
 If  you  go  through  all  the  pages,  you  should  have  Zero  doubts  then.

CIDEX-  seems  to  be  the  name  you  should  look  for.

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21756&highlight=gluteraldehyde
nanomania
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:48 pm Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

well  i  did  search  but  not  on  this  site.  is  there  anyone?
Mortis
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:29 pm Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

Nope  it  doesnt  affect  mosses  im  my  experience.  Atleast  not  Java  moss,  Christmas  moss  and  Fissidens  fontanus.  Been  using  it  for  2  years  now  with  no  negative  effects  on  my  plants  or  fishes
nanomania
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:34 pm Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

how  do  u  dilute  it?  is  it  bad  for  shrimps?
nanomania
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:53 am Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

anyone?
Scorpio
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:07 am Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

I  affect  only  only  following  plants  accoding  to  my  experiance
 1.  Java  moss
 2.  Blyxa  japonica
 3.  Riccia
 4.  Pogostemon  helferi
 5.  Saggitaria  subulata

Dilute  process  depends  upon  the  concentration  of  glut  in  your  bottle:
 For  example  I  am  using  20%  solution.  Doses  1  ml  per  10  gallon  in  alternate  days.  I  don't  dilute  it.

It  is  bed  for  all  the  fishes/invertibrate  in  high  concentration.  So  use  it  carefully.  you  can  see  result  in  the  link  given  by  Saikumar  post.  It  is  heaven  for  plants  in  controlled  condition  while  death  for  fish/invertibrates/algae  in  high  concentration  so  use  it  carefully.  It  is  also  toxic  for  human  being  specially  for  eyes.
Mortis
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:54 pm Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

Doesnt  affect  my  java  moss  atleast.  In  fact  mine  is  growing  like  a  weed.  I  would  say  it  is  pretty  safe  even  at  high  levels  but  you  have  to  work  your  way  up  to  it  gradually.  I  am  currently  dosing  15ml  of  2%  Glut  daily  in  my  60  litre  tank  and  it  has  no  effect  on  my  shrimp  or  fish.

Nanomania  are  you  asking  about  the  dilution  procedure  or  concentration  ?
nanomania
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 pm Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

diluting  a  25%  highest  concentration.  i  also  want  to  know  that  can  i  grow  high  light  plants  like  glossostigma  too?  as  im  not  using  pressurised  co2  because  my  parents  are  not  allowing  since  it  blasted  at  night  2am.  iv  had  success  with  all  plants  mosses  before.  i  have  seen  people  abroad  soding  only  flourish  excel  and  graoing  all  dam  plants  even  under  metal  halides.  since  flourish  excel  is  not  always  available  here,  the  ingridient  is  glut.  thats  what  seachem  declared  in  MSDS.  glut  is  actually  a  source  that  plants  extract  from  co2  for  photosinthesys.  please  let  me  know  if  anyone  has  grown  everything  successful  using  only  glut.
Scorpio
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:08 am Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

I  am  also  growing  glosso  only  with  glut/excel.  Chek  my  blog  to  see  the  growth  of  plants.
nanomania
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:25 am Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

kool.  without  dosing  co2?
Mortis
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:39 pm Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

Have  grown  HC  (not  very  well)  and  Hairfrass  with  only  Glut  so  you  should  be  fine  with  Glosso.  What  size  tank  are  you  planning  ?  If  it  is  small  then  you  can  supplement  it  with  DIY  CO2  for  added  benefit.
nanomania
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:23 pm Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

well  i  had  pressurized  but  a  tragedey  happened  due  to  which  my  parents  arnt  allowing.  diy  co2  im  jus  not  being  able  to  get  the  gas,  have  tried  10times  and  am  tierd  of  it.
nanomania
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:42 am Post subject: Re: glutaraldehyde (flourish excel carbon source) info neede Reply with quote

how  to  dilute  glut.?  anyone?
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Macro and Micro Fertilisers All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: