106. Guest
107. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,460

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - help me set up my tank
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

help me set up my tank
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Fishkeeping and Aquaristics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faulad
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:03 pm Post subject: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

hi  every  one  this  is  my  first  tank,  so  i  am  a  kind  of  noobster  in  all  this
 i  have  got  a  6/1.5/1.5  tank  and  want  to  keep  either  of  the  following  combinations
 =:  a  pair  of  arowana  and  about  a  dozen  parrots
 =:  12  parrots  and  12  cichlids
 please  advise  what  should  be  my  setup.
 -  which  is  the  best  option  for  my  tank
 -  are  these  fish  compitable  with  each  other.
 -  is  the  population  good  enough  for  my  tank
 -  what  kind  of  food  is  the  best  for  them  [i  dont  want  to  give  feeding  to  them  unless  necessary]
 -  what  kind  of  filter  should  i  use  for  my  tank

right  now  i  have  a  mixture  of  sharks,  koi,  gurami,  mollie,  cat  fish,  sucker,  and  angels  in  my  tank  ,  will  be  changing  the  fish  once  i  am  back  home  from  my  ship  in  oct.  end.
 please  do  advise

regards  
 sushil

and  can  any  one  tell  me  how  to  upload  an  image  from  my  desktop

[img]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150510536696051&set=a.10150510536271051.366161.618796050&type=3[/img]
 [img]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150510547486051&set=a.10150510536271051.366161.618796050&type=3[/img]
faulad
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:14 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

greatings  readers

well  i  thought  this  place  was  were  i  can  get  my  answers  to  my  queries  ...
 but  i  think  people  here  are  more  determined  to  check  if  some  one  is  following  the  rules  or  not  ........
 what  ever  the  case  is  at  least  i  have  learned  this  one  thing  that  if  you  want  some  thing  you  search  for  your  self  ....  
 and  try  different  things  until  you  are  finally  succesfull  ...  
 and  when  you  finally  find  something  and  have  discided  to  do  that  you  just  show  off  that  over  here  ...  ....  
 or  else  in  your  free  time  try  to  make  fun  of  some  newbe  arround...
 i  was  really  hoping  for  some  answer     over  here  ..........
 its  not  like  that  i  have  not  checked  the  previous  topics  to  get  the  knowledge  i  require  but  then  one  still  needs  some  sort  of  comformation  from  the  experianced  one  ...  

but  i   guess  i  have  to  wait  for  some  more  time  to  get  some  answers  from  here..  

any  ways  i  will  try  to  do  my  part  ..  atleast  the  person  coming  here  after  me  will  atleast  hav  something  to  listen  from  me  ...
 and  now  i  am  going  for  my  own  design  of  filter  for  my  tank  which  will  hav  basic  principal  from  my  knowledge  of  marine  ship  [fresh  water  generator  -  which  produces  fresh  water  from  sea  water]
 just  imagine  the  filter  used  in  this  plant  to  produce  freshwater[  the  water  we  use  on  ship  for  our  daily  need  like  cooking  drinking  etc  ]  from  sea  water  .....
 i  am  studying  this  fresh  water  genretor  plants  filter  for  more  info.  and  will  let  you  guys  know  about  the  results  as  soon  as  i  have  prepared  my  filter  ......
 one  thing  is  for  sure  its  very  efficiant  and  will  take  about  rs.  1000  -  rs1500  max  to  be  prepared....
 wait  for  it...

regards  

sushil      AKA   46!!faulad!!         Thumbs Up

Last edited by faulad on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nidhi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:09 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

ROFL  ...  calm  down  Hug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:22 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

ROFL   You  post  past  10  PM,  you  will  have  to  wait  for  the  arowana  keepers  to  wake  up  in  the  morning  !
 From  what  I  know,  the  parrots  will  be  feeder  fish  for  the  arowana  in  a  short  while.

Ditch  the  parrots  and  look  at  various  other  cichlids,  your  tank  is  too  small  for  even  one  arowana.

Regarding  how  to  post  images,  check  the  How  to  Sub  Forum  for  instructions.
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:23 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

faulad  wrote  (View  Post):                
hi  every  one  this  is  my  first  tank,  so  i  am  a  kind  of  noobster  in  all  this
 i  have  got  a  6/1.5/1.5  tank  and  want  to  keep  either  of  the  following  combinations
 =:  a  pair  of  arowana  and  about  a  dozen  parrots
 =:  12  parrots  and  12  cichlids
 please  advise  what  should  be  my  setup.
 -  which  is  the  best  option  for  my  tank
 -  are  these  fish  compitable  with  each  other.
 -  is  the  population  good  enough  for  my  tank
 -  what  kind  of  food  is  the  best  for  them  [i  dont  want  to  give  feeding  to  them  unless  necessary]
 -  what  kind  of  filter  should  i  use  for  my  tank

right  now  i  have  a  mixture  of  sharks,  koi,  gurami,  mollie,  cat  fish,  sucker,  and  angels  in  my  tank  ,  will  be  changing  the  fish  once  i  am  back  home  from  my  ship  in  oct.  end.
 please  do  advise

Forget  the  parrots  (bcos  I  dont  know  about  it  Very Happy  )

Remove  shark,  catfish  angels  gourami  and  sucker  -  let  there  be  Koi

or  keep  Angel  &  Gourami,  mollie

or  keep  shark.

In  that  6  feet  tank,  KEEP  a  small  crocidile  ROFL  .  (sorry  just  kidding).  If  I  had  a  tank  as  big  as  that,  I  would  surely  keep  goldies  or  discus.

In  such  a  big  tank  you  can  start  with  Discus,  bare  bottom  and  no  decorations  and  possibly  your  home  made  filter  to  keep  water  fresh.

When  you  make  that  filter  of  yours,  please  also  teach  me  how  to.
 Please  remove  all  that  theory  you  have  written  (copied  may  be)  and  just  post  a  smile  instead.

Last edited by garothmaan on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
GANESAA
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:25 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

@sushil,      (  KEEP  a  small  crocidile)   Cheering   Chuckle
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:48 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

10  PM  !  You  are  browsing  the  net  on  watch  ????   Doh  No Way
faulad
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:01 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

no  i  am  on  4-8  duty  so  its  my  off  time  ..
 now  i  am  near  south  africa  in  atlantic  ocean  so  the  time  over  here  is  gmt  +2  
 aneways   i  will  be  going  for  cichlids   
 so  see  you  guys  there  in  the  cichlids  forum

Smile
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:04 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

All  the  best  !
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:08 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

faulad  wrote  (View  Post):                

and  now  i  am  going  for  my  own  design  of  filter  for  my  tank  which  will  hav  basic  principal  from  my  knowledge  of  marine  ship  [fresh  water  generator  -  which  produces  fresh  water  from  sea  water]
 just  imagine  the  filter  used  in  this  plant  to  produce  freshwater[  the  water  we  use  on  ship  for  our  daily  need  like  cooking  drinking  etc  ]  from  sea  water  .....
 i  am  studying  this  fresh  water  genretor  plants  filter  for  more  info.  and  will  let  you  guys  know  about  the  results  as  soon  as  i  have  prepared  my  filter  ......
 one  thing  is  for  sure  its  very  efficiant  and  will  take  about  rs.  1000  -  rs1500  max  to  be  prepared....
 wait  for  it...
 regards  
 sushil      AKA   46!!faulad!!         Thumbs Up                

From  someone  who's  been  at  sea  much  before  your  parents  even  met,  you'd  be  better  off  studying  the  Ship's  sewage  plant  and  how  it  converts  waste.
 Do  study  about  the  Fresh  Water  Generator  too  to  know  the  difference  between  the  two.
GANESAA
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:09 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

hi  fauld,

Please  share  your  DIY  Filter  to  us  once  you  return  back  from  atlantic  ocean   Thumb Up
faulad
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

that  what  i  ment  you  guys  are  here  for  what  ...
 i  dont  get  it  ....  answers  are  never  straight  forward  and  then  you   guys  say  you  are  here  to  help
 and  mr.  madan  if  you  were  at  sea  before  my  parrents  where  met  then  you  must  know  todays  shipping  world  is  not  the  same  shit  like  what  you  had  then..
 i  know  the  difference  between  a  fresh  water  generator  and  a  sewage  treatment  plant  
 and  FYI  i  must  say  here  on  maersk  ships  our  sewage  treatment  plants  are  so  advanced  that  the  water  discharged  from  it  is  also  crystal  clear  ,
 you  can  google  it  if  u  want  .  ROFL  

anyways  all  you  respected  members  are  welcome  for  sugstion  please  rather  than  pulling  legs  of  a  newbie
 I  can,t  tollarate  you  involving   mom/dad  in  the  topic  

no  matter  who  you  are  or  how  old  you  are  

regards
 sushil  AKA  46!!faulad!!
faulad
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:07 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

@ganesaa  
 sure  man   Thumbs Up
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:15 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

Ok,  sorry  about  the  mom  and  dad  bit,  I  used  an  age  old  shippie  phrase  that's  very  much  in  use,  looks  like  you  haven't  heard  of  it.
 Other  than  that,  do  read  up  the  sewage  treatment  plant  and  the  fresh  water  generator  manual  on  board,
 you  may  understand  what  I  am  saying.  Now  don't  ignore  this,  and  only  read  up  the  freshwater  generator  manual.
 If  someone  told  you  that  the  Freshwater  Generator  "FILTER"  can  be  made  for  a  thousand  bucks  back  at  home,  your  leg  is  not  being  pulled  only  on  IAH.
 You  have  time  until  October,  put  it  to  good  use.  BTW  I  am  still  at  sea,  and  simply  love  it.

Another  thing,  if  you  join  a  community  and  have  no  patience,  and  then  go  ahead  and  call  people  show  offs,
 don't  expect  serious  answers  straight  away.
faulad
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: help me set up my tank Reply with quote

Thumb Up  
 i  going  through  both  of  this  systems...
 was  also  thinking  of  usig  the  bacteria  that  we  use  for  the  sewage  treatment  plant  to  break  the  ammonia  into  nitrates  etc.
 but  still  want  to  confirm  its  effect  on  the  fish  [which  i  thich  will  not  harmfull  as  per  marpol]
 but  would  like  to  know  your  take  on  the  bacteria  use  ,  i  will  also  post  once  i  get  some  solid  evidance  on  that..
 and  about  the  fresh  water  generator  
 i  am  planing  to  use  the  filter  concept  installed  in  F.W.G.,  its  major  filtering  media  is  granules  of  some  carbonat  stone  with  micro  pores  .  which  i  will  carry  with  me  on  my  way  back.
 in  addition  to  that  i  will  also  look  for  some  stuffs  to  buy  for  my  tank  from  singapore  [ETA  13th  aug.  1300]
 kindly  advide  if  there  is  some  thing  better  available  to  buy  from  here  that  i  cant  get  in  india  that  easily

regards  
 sushil  AKA  46!!faulad!!
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Fishkeeping and Aquaristics All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: