22. Guest
23. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 28,654

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - A funny thing happened while editin Nautilus on Google Maps
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

A funny thing happened while editin Nautilus on Google Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chetan3
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:03 pm Post subject: A funny thing happened while editin Nautilus on Google Maps Reply with quote

So  I've  been  doing  some  major  Google  Map  contribution  of  late.  And  one  aquarium  related  change  I  did  was  to  make  the  location  of  Nautilus  Aquarium  visible.

I  remember  6  months  back  I  was  trying  to  locate  Nautilus  via  google  maps  on  my  android  phone  -  and  I  ended  up  wandering  in  Hill  Road,  Bandra  searching  for  it  (while  the  shop  is  in  S  V  Road,  Bandra  btw).

Anyway  after  making  the  corrections  I  made  the  settings  to  make  the  shop  appear  by  default  in  the  map  and  I  finally  saw  the  finished  result...

And  I  had  a  great  laugh!   Chuckle  

The  store  is  visible  alright,  but  a  particular  map  feature  next  to  it  steals  the  thunder  completely.
 Check  it  out!   ROFL  ...  Google  Maps  -  S  V  Road,  Bandra  

P.S.  I'm  already  underway  getting  the  (ahem!)  business  listing  removed  from  the  maps.  So  here's  a  pic  of  it  ...  Google  Map  Screenshot

Hope  you  have  a  good  laugh  as  well.  cheers!

edit:  smudged  out  certain  bit  in  the  jpg

Last edited by Chetan3 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dabbu3288
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: So a funny thing happened on Google Maps today ... Reply with quote

wahahahha!  EPIC!!  =))
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vk_8e
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:15 pm Post subject: Re: So a funny thing happened on Google Maps today ... Reply with quote

Poke   Poke  

being  a  member  for  about  5  years  in  wikimapia,  i  came  across  too  many  controversial  things.  never  did  highlighted  1
 Not  so  funny!!
 under  18  might  be  watching  this  forum,  better  delete  the  thread  right  now!!
Chetan3
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: So a funny thing happened on Google Maps today ... Reply with quote

vk_8e  wrote  (View  Post):                
Poke   Poke  
 Not  so  funny!!
 under  18  might  be  watching  this  forum,  better  delete  the  thread  right  now!!                

take  a  chill  pill  dude.  all  the  links  are  external,  so  no  legal  issue.
vk_8e
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:37 pm Post subject: Re: So a funny thing happened on Google Maps today ... Reply with quote

its  aint  XXXXXX  legal!!  ever  heard  of  MORALs  ??

Abusing  language  on  the  forum  not  allowed.  WARNING  FOR  NOW!!  -  Moderator
Chetan3
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:53 pm Post subject: Re: So a funny thing happened on Google Maps today ... Reply with quote

vk_8e  wrote  (View  Post):                
its  aint  XXXXXX  legal!!  ever  heard  of  MORALs  ??                

Hmmm  now  this  is  a  situation  you  don't  come  across  everyday  ...  a  person  blatantly  breaking  the  official  board  rules  by  using  banned  abusive  vocabulary  while  telling  others  to  follow  his  subjective  moral  viewpoint.
 The  irony  is  hilarious   Chuckle   Chuckle   Chuckle   ROFL  ...  thank  you  for  giving  us  a  second  good  laugh  in  this  post!   You  rock!  Thumb Up
vk_8e
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:16 am Post subject: Re: So a funny thing happened on Google Maps today ... Reply with quote

you  won!!   Clapping     Clapping  
 show  and  explain  this  thread  to  your  kids  what  you  have  conquered  today   Smile
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:53 am Post subject: Re: So a funny thing happened on Google Maps today ... Reply with quote

vk_8e:  common  yaar  take  it  as  a  joke......  i  dont  think  we  have  infants  in  this  forum  who  will  get  spoiled  by  a  screen  shot  of  that  location......and  chetan  dont  worry  guys  searching  for  the  other  will  finally  come  to  see  the  shop;)
sid
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:46 am Post subject: Re: So a funny thing happened on Google Maps today ... Reply with quote

Hey  Vk  just  because  you  don't  have  a  sense  of  humor  doesn't  mean  others  shouldn't.  So  get  a  life  son.

However  what  baffles  me  most  is  how  ChetanM  landed  at  hill  road  looking  for  what  is  arguably  Bombay's  most  famous  and  easy  to  find  LFS.  Even  hobbyists  from  other  states  know  where  Nautilus  is.
Deba
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:54 am Post subject: Re: So a funny thing happened on Google Maps today ... Reply with quote

Chuckle   Chuckle   Chuckle
Chetan3
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:50 pm Post subject: Re: So a funny thing happened on Google Maps today ... Reply with quote

jabba  wrote  (View  Post):                
...and  chetan  dont  worry  guys  searching  for  the  other  will  finally  come  to  see  the  shop;)                

Aha!  yup  I  think  the  guys  searching  for  it  in  that  area  will  have  no  other  choice  but  to  visit  Nautilus.  Cos  the  other  posting  is  just  a  randomly  placed  spam,  there's  no  real  place  there.  And  seriously,  spending  4000  bucks  at  Nautilus  is  way  more  awesome!

sid  wrote  (View  Post):                
However  what  baffles  me  most  is  how  ChetanM  landed  at  hill  road  looking  for  what  is  arguably  Bombay's  most  famous  and  easy  to  find  LFS.  Even  hobbyists  from  other  states  know  where  Nautilus  is.                

Dude  you  have  no  idea.  I  had  never  been  to  Nautilus  till  then,  only  heard  a  lot  about  it  (cos  most  of  my  aquarium  needs  are  fulfilled  by  the  shops  in  Borivali).  So  anyways  I  thought  relying  on  google  maps  would  be  a  better  idea  than  simply  calling  up  my  friends.  It  showed  me  Hill  Road,  I  went  there,  but  couldn't  find  it.  So  I  started  asking  shopkeepers  around  there  for  it.  All  of  them  were  clueless  (obviously),  and  one  guy  even  directed  me  to  a  glass  shop  (thinking  I  wanted  to  get  an  aquarium  made).  I  got  such  a  major  poppat  that  day  Doh   Dunce  

But  anyway  don't  think  that  problem  will  happen  with  any  one  else  after  the  location  fix.
 However,  imagine  all  the  explaining  if  our  wife/gf/mom  sees  us  staring  at  the  new  map  location  on  our  screen  ...  Shocked
 "Accha  toh  tum  macchli  ke  bahane  asli  mein  yahan  jate  ho!"   Punch  !

Chuckle   Chuckle   Chuckle
crazyomzi
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:45 pm Post subject: Re: A funny thing happened while editin Nautilus on Google M Reply with quote

ROFL   ROFL   ROFL   ROFL   ROFL   ROFL
Ram_a_rosi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:50 pm Post subject: Re: A funny thing happened while editin Nautilus on Google M Reply with quote

ROFL   ROFL   ROFL  l:   Thumbs Up   Thumbs Up   Thumbs Up   Clapping   Clapping   Clapping
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Chit Chat All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: