229. Guest
230. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,772

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Images of Tank and its Co-Workers :)
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Images of Tank and its Co-Workers Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Live Rock and Invertebrates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranjithc
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:47 pm Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Build Reply with quote

Problem  is,  single  MP60  minimum  flow  would  be  around  20  times  tank  volume.  
 Too  much  flow.
Mohammed Mudassir
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:35 am Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Build Reply with quote

posted  the  pics,  already?
asak
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:36 pm Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Build Reply with quote

Flow  is  such  a  relative  thing,  you  see  so  many  great  tanks  with  such  varied  types  of  flow.  It  will  depend  on  your  rock  work  and  the  way  the  corals  are  growing.  You  will  probably  need  to  start  with  x  amount  of  flow  and  keep  updating  it  as  the  tank  progresses,  I  guess!  Different  pumps  provide  different  flow  patterns  and  unless  you  experiment  a  little,  you  are  not  going  to  get  the  right  amount  of  flow.  I  guess  4  MP  40  for  this  tank  will  be  more  than  adequate  flow  to  start  with  for  the  tank  this  size,  as  even  if  the  maximum  flow  is  too  much  all  the  pumps  can  be  synchronized  and  each  pump  can  be  set  to  an  independent  maximum  flow  according  to  need.  Provided  you  are  willing  to  spend  100000  rs  on  just  your  flow,  I  should  think  it  will  be  adequate  for  this  tank.
nanomania
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:51 pm Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Build Reply with quote

i  keep  60times  flow  in  my  tank
MarineMania
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:44 pm Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Build Reply with quote

Nano  mania  what  is  that  your  using  for  the  flow  ??
MarineMania
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:53 pm Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Build Reply with quote

Update:
 Got  the  glass  last  night  and  all  was  set  to  stick  them  and  on  the  laying  table  we  found  that  ultra  clear  glasses  had  the  imprints  of  the  rollers  and  it  was  midnight  when  that  was  discovered  :(

So  glass  is  now  returned  and  reordered  19mm  glass  instead  of  the  12mm  :)

Should  get  the  glasses  on  tuesday  and  will  update  in  Tuesday  with  te  sticking  process.
nanomania
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:43 pm Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Build Reply with quote

MarineMania  wrote  (View  Post):                
Nano  mania  what  is  that  your  using  for  the  flow  ??                

hydor  pumps  with  hydor  smartwave
MarineMania
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:39 pm Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Update: Tank Done Reply with quote

My  current  tank,  just  been  8  months  old  and  the  frags  have  started  to  grow  and  so  has  my  thought  on  the  larger  tank  

Over  the  years  have  got  some  good  sources  to  get  all  my  equipments  in  place  so  as  to  launch  into  this  new  venture  and  it  has  been  real  hardwork  to  get  to  learn  this  hobby  and  all  thanks  to  Reef  Central  and  my  fellow  hobbyists  to  make  this  learning  experience  a  memorable  one.

Again  an  update  on  the  tank:

The  tank  will  be  a  375  gallon  –  8’  x  2’9”  x  2’3”  height  tank  with  ultra  clear  glass  on  front  and  sides  and  regular  on  bottom  and  rear.

System:  375  gallons
 Size  :  8X2.75X2.25
 Sump  :  4X2X1.5
 Additional  Tanks  :  
 1) 2X1.5X1.5  in  line  tank,  that  will  be  disconnected  for  water  changes,  semi  automated  water  changes
 2) 2X1.5X1.5  in  line  tank,  with  valves  to  disconnect  from  system  and  can  be  used  for  quarantine  or  for  hospitalization  tank
 Both  these  tanks  will  have  external  overflow  and  will  be  connected  to  the  main  system.

Skimmer  :  SRO  5000  EXT  skimmer
 Phosban  Reactor:  Two  Little  Fishes  Reactor
 Carbon  Reactor:  Bulk  Reef  Supply  Reactor
 Additional  Reactor  :  can  use  for  anything  else  in  future

Chiller  :  DIY  1.5  Ton  A/c  Chiller  with  Tempmaker’s  Titanium  Coil  unit

Return  pump  :  12500  Water  Blaster  Pump
 Internal  Circulation  :  2  X  MP40WeS,  1X6105  currently,  will  add  two  more  MP40wES  shortly

Overflow:  Internal  Over  flow  with  Bean  Animal’s  Design,  3  foot  X  4  inches  on  the  extreme  left  of  the  tank  –  this  is  due  to  problems  in  accessing  the  back  of  the  tank  on  the  right  Side  

Return  :  Two  points  one  at  the  center  of  the  tank  ,and  other  at  the  extreme  right  end

Lighting  :  DIY  Modular  LED  lighting  of  8  panels  with  24  LED  each,  might  supplement  with  T5HOs  if  necessary.  Shall  do  a  detail  writeup  shortly  on  my  DIY  LED  lighting  fixtures  and  what  are  the  modifications  done  in  the  system  

Controller:   DIY  Aquarium  Controller  using  Arduino  and  has  been  running  in  my  system  for  over  3  years  now  with  many  updates.  Currently  saw  an  interesting  post  on  DIY  forum  regarding  a  touch  screen  controller  (but  it  was  removed  shortly)  and  I  have  sourced  all  the  elements  for  that  DIY  and  will  shortly  be  upgrading  my  controller  to  that  touch  screen  –  that  was  a  3.2”  screen,  whereas  my  order  is  for  5”  screen  –  going  for  a  bigger  tank  might  as  well  go  for  a  larger  screen  to  work  with!!!  Will  do  the  build  of  that  controller  also  on  this  thread

All  the  DIYs  done  by  a  fellow  friend  of  mine  who  i  think  i  know  so  well  that  before  i  require  something,  he  will  get  it  done!!!

Onto  my  tank  build  :

Initially  ordered  12mm  tempered  glass  for  the  job  and  at  the  time  of  sticking  the  glass  we  found  some  undulations  on  the  ultra  clear  glass  and  the  work  was  not  that  good  on  the  glass…  so  had  to  return  it  and  delay  of  1  week  for  getting  the  newer  glass  which  was  19mm  (not-tempered)

The  stand  was  made  with  four  openings  for  later  usage!!  But  I  am  not  going  to  keep  anything  under  the  tank  as  I  am  moving  my  entire  sump  and  all  equipments  on  the  back  of  the  tank  through  the  window  onto  the  terrace  on  back.  

This  is  where  the  sump  and  all  equipments  will  be  placed.  Going  to  build  a  small  3  feet  X  14’  feet  x  3  feet  room  for  hosting  all  the  equipments  and  tanks.

another  view  of  the  outdoor  maintenance  area!!

note  the  DIY  Chiller  unit  (Titanium  Coil)  to  be  fitted  with  1,5Ton  A/c  outdoor  unit  for  chilling  2000  litres  of  water….

The  initial  12mm  glasses  with  problems

The  new  19mms  man  they  are  heavy  needed  twice  the  amount  of  man  power  to  carry  them  the  19mms  being  carried  in  the  tricky  stair  case  to  their  final  holding  place   needed  5  people  to  carry  each  of  them,  in  the  image  u  can  actually  see  only  2  of  them  on  either  end,  but  there  are  3  people  on  the  inside,  the  reflection  and  bad  photography  made  them  partly  visisble

Can  see  the  12mms  on  the  inside  and  19mms  on  the  outside…the  difference  in  size!

the  difference  between  regular  glass  and  ultra  clear  19mm

The  tools  used  in  the  process  of  silicone  the  tank

The  Sealant  used  for  the  entire  process  “121”  Aquarium  sealant  –  black

The  19mms  being  rested  on  the  stand  over  the  1”  foam  and  the  degreasing  process

The  Front  glass  kept  on  top  of  the  bottom  glass  and  is  kept  about  10mm  from  the  front  so  as  to  have  sealant  on  the  front  side  and  inside  of  the  front  glass  for  more  strength
 interestingly,  the  sealant  is  applied  at  the  joint  as  shown,  

and  the  front  glass  is  anchored  and  lifted  from  the  back  so  that  the  glue  is  applied  to  the  entire  bottom  of  the  glass  evenly  and  fixed  firmly  to  the  bottom  glass

fixing  the  sealant  on  the  inside  of  the  front  glass

making  sure  it  is  90  degrees

side  glasses:
 glues  on  two  sides,  the  bottom  process  is  same  as  above  

using  suction  caps  to  put  it  into  place

hitting  them  hard  to  get  a  proper  joint

90  Degree  Jigs  for  proper  90  placements  and  had  the  honor  of  the  whole  process  being  monitored  and  supervised  by  Mr.Chua  Chong  Ghee  of  Bubble  Magnus  –  Acro  Asia,  thank  a  ton  sir.

before  squeezing  it  too  tight

after  the  squeeze

and  the  ultra  clear  glass,  think  is  it  starphire?

the  final  :  back  glass
 bottom  glue  applied

carried  and  note  the  bottom  person  –  he  is  the  lever!!!

he  move  up  and  so  does  the  glass!!!  

finally  glass  placed  in  position

finishing  touches

corner  clamps  applied  for  safety  

tank  is  complete!!!  In  curing  stage  now

I  hope  u  can  see  the  3  X  1.5”  holes  on  the  left  side  of  the  rear  glass  

it  took  a  total  of  4  hours  to  get  this  up  and  going  and  whola  finally  it  is  done.  Thanks  to  Allister  for  this  job   done  excellently  at  the  time  and  spec  that  i  needed...  he  needs  to  come  back  again  to  get  the  overflows  and  support  strips  done  as  well  as  give  the  tank  an  excellent  finish

Will  take  another  day  or  two  to  get  the  support  strips  and  the  overflow  box  in  place…

Will  post  the  update  on  the  rear  portion  work  where  I  will  have  my  sump  and  other  equipments  in  place…

Will  keep  updates  coming…
N3Aro
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:18 pm Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Upate : Tank Done Reply with quote

Excellent  ...gonna  follow  this  thread  for  sure...
MarineMania
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:38 pm Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Upate : Tank Done Reply with quote

The  Rear  Area  Build:

I  am  not  very  good  in  google..  but  i  think  i  can  get  what  i  want  to  show  you  all  for  help...

making  two  compartments  of  6'  width  and  8  feet  width  of  another  and  the  brick  work  as  shown...
 the  center  brickwork  will  be  broken  to  allow  pipes  to  go  thro  from  each  one  so  that  i  can  get  more  setups  +/-  tanks  and  equipments

I  am  not  able  to  get  the  plumbing  diagram  in  place...  

The  Brick  work

The  Sump  and  Extra  tank  for  water  change

another  view  

The  system  of  plumbing:

RHS  of  the  Sump  is  my  return,  the  return  pump  will  be  12500  Water  blaster  which  will  take  the  water  into  the  tank  with  two  outlets  into  the  main  display  tank  -  going  to  put  a  tee  at  the  output  and  a  valve  to  take  it  to  the  chiller  shown  by  a  cylinder  near  the  W/c  Change,  chiller  to  the  return  area  of  the  sump.

Drain  -  will  lead  into  the  sump  as  well  as  the  w/c  tank,  overflow  from  w/c  tank  into  the  sump...  a  valve  at  the  drain  near  the  w/c  tank  when  closed  will  take  the  w/c  tank  offline  and  the  entire  water  will  be  sent  to  the  sump.  Using  a  valve  (shown  by  a  small  pipe)  in  front  of  the  w/c  tank,  water  will  be  removed  from  the  system  and  new  water  will  be  added,  open  the  valve  to  make  the  w/c  tank  online.

The  same  system  will  be  used  to  the  other  tank  also,  and  same  method  for  offline  and  online...  when  offline  it  will  be  made  as  a  quarantine  tank,  and  online  it  will  be  a  frag  tank.

1  pump  will  be  used  to  send  water  into  the  reactor;s  and  out  of  reactors  into  the  return  area...  all  reactors  will  be  serially  connected
josyjames
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:52 pm Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Upate : Tank Done Reply with quote

Wow..  Such  a  majestic  reef  tank.  Need  to  watch  this  thread  on  the  advancement  of  the  tank.  Waiting  for  more  pics  to  come..   Thumb Up
vkv
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:35 pm Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Upate : Tank Done Reply with quote

heavy  stuff.  Amazing.  looking  forward  to  seeing  it  with  livestock.  Thumb Up
anandflower
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Upate : Tank Done Reply with quote

Hi,
 massive  project  all  the  best,
 Regards,
 S.Anand
Prem kk
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:25 am Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Upate : Tank Done Reply with quote

Miracle  -  I  now  believe  there  is  god.  On  time  delivery  by  Alister.

and  Miracles  dont  happen  to  often.
Deba
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:53 am Post subject: Re: 375+ Gallon Reef Tank : Upate : Tank Done Reply with quote

Great  Project  .......  Congrats  !!        Thumb Up
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Live Rock and Invertebrates All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: