215. Guest
216. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,802

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 7 Pg-5 FTS added
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 7 Pg-5 FTS added
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sumer
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:13 pm Post subject: Sumer's Paradise City- Updates #July 7 Pg-5 FTS added Reply with quote

FTS-

And  2  of  my  creations-

Hello  friends,

It's  been  a  long  time  (around  2  years)  that  I  haven't  made  any  planted  tank.  Was  busy  with  life  and  bettas.  Now  when  my  life  seems  quite  stable,  touchwood,  I'm  looking  forward  to  start  a  new  project.  I've  been  reading  a  lot  on  various  forums.  And  so,  I've  made  an  outline  of  the  project.  Your  comments,  critiques  are  most  welcome.  Here  it  is-

1.  The  actual  idea  behind  this  tank  is  to  make  a  colorful,  very  colorful  underwater  garden.  something  like  Tom  Barr  has  recently  made.  A  mix  of  light  green,  dark  green,  yellowish  green,  red,  orange,  maroon,  brown.  I  think  these  colors  cover  it  all.  LOL.  Some  plants  I'm  definitely  gonna  use  are-  UG,  P.  Helferi,  Crypt  Nurii,  and  Cuba.

Online  vendors  have  awesome  packing  skills.  See  the  packing  material  that  clogged  my  room-

2.  Tank  -  Volume  constraint  is  20G.  Earlier  I  was  thinking  of  getting  a  Mini-M,  but  then  I  got  my  eyes  on  60-P.  It's  18  G  in  capacity  and  the  size  is  24x12x14  (LBH).  So  the  tank  is  an  ADA  60-P.  with  a  mat  beneath.
 ADA  60-P  arrived.  A  whole  tree  was  used  to  pack  it  and  send  it  to  me   Oops  

3.  Substrate  would  be  power  sand  and  new  Amazonia  with  pferts  root  tabs.  Working  on  a  DIY  substrate  heater  heater  nowadays,  let's  see  how  it  comes  out.

4.  Filter-  I'll  be  using  a  60-P  tank  which  would  be  around  18  gallons.  
 Eheim  2215  (165  GPH)  would  be  a  smart  choice  then.

5.  Lighting-  The  shimmering  effect  of  LED  lighting  is  something  I  can  die  for.  I’m  so  in  love  with  them.  Here's  what  I've  made-  [URL="http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=209594"]An  Idiot's  Guide  to  Make  LED  Light  Unit[/URL]

6.  CO2-  
 And  then  the  beast  came.  Thanks  to  Bettatail-

Packing  was  amazing-

Victor  HPT  500  dual  stage  regulator  with  Parker  Hanfinn  H2A  Needle  Valve,  Burkert  2822  Stainless  steel  solenoid  and  JBJ  bubble  counter-

side  view-

I  seriously  cant  get  enough  of  this  lovely  piece  of  metal-

on  5  lb  aluminium  tank-

Burkert  2822  close  up-

Wrench

This  was  my  regulator.  I  really  find  it  very  hard  to  stop  admiring  it.  

7.  Glassware-  This  tank  is  not  just  to  fulfill  my  hobbyist's  instincts,but  also  to  add  esthetic  values.  So  the  investment  would  be  good.  And  you  know,  how  much  we  hobbyists  enjoy  shopping  glassware  

Drop  Checker-   I'm  a  fan  of  Cal  Aqua  Labs.  And  this  DC  was  something  to  invest  in.  No  need  to  keep  checking  the  chart.

Pipes-  Inlet  outlets-

outlet  Violet  Glass  VP-1      13D-

Inlet  Violet  Glass  VP-1     13D-

Thanks  to  Tara  for  this-

But  for  inlet,  I  also  have  another  option-

Dont  know  what  to  use.  Power  heads  are  not  readily  available  in  LFS  here.  Maybe  I  can  use  both.  Will  order  a  small  powerhead  for  this.

8.  Tools-  I  already  have  a  14"  straight  and  one  12"  curved  scissor  from  ebiken.  
 EBiken  curved  spring  scissors-

Here's  something  I  got  from  ebay-
 The  leather  cover  gives  it  an  elegant  look-

A  pint  to  compare  the  size-

9.  Hardscape-  No  stones.  I  want  to  use  only  woods.  Tom  helped  me  in  this.   

10.  Livestock-  The  most  exciting  part  of  the  whole  project  Very Happy
 I  really  want  to  keep  Kryptopterus  bicirrhis  (or  minor,  whatever  I  can  get),  and  some  whiptail  catfish  and  some  bristlenose  catfish(not  the  albino  ones),  and  some  amano  shrimps.  Lets  see  if  I  can  find  them.  Their  availability  is  still  an  issue.

11.  Fertilizers-
 pfertz  fertz-

I'm  not  sure  of  using  macro  solution  from  pferts.  So  got  CSM+B  and  chelated  iron-

here's  what  gonna  diffuse  the  CO2  in  the  tank.  An  Inline  CO2  atomiser-

Got  an  awesome  deal  at  a  website  and  instead  of  an  inline  TDS  meter,  I  got  this  TDS+Temperature  meter-

Test  Kits-

Here  are  the  additives-

I  really  like  this  J  shaped  thermometer-

Got  Power  sand  special-  S,  Amazonia  new-  Normal  and  Amazonia  new-  Powder  to  make  the  top  layer-

ohh  and  thats  me  btw-

Here's  some  assorted  stuff.  Starting  from  left  top  -  Clear  CO2  tubing  and  washers  (these  are  better  than  permaseals),  Siphon  gravel  cleaner,  cheap  Walmart  paint  brush  for  scaping,  glass  cleaner,  ADA  Bio  Rio,  Pfertz  root  capsules  (P.  Helferii  loves  to  munch  on  these.  Feed  for  heavy  root  feeders  like  Crypt  Nurii),  fish  net,  16/12  mm  clear  pipe  for  eheim  2215,  a  wrench  for  the  Reg.

Here's  a  potential  "tree"  wood.  I  have  this  since  a  long  time.  The  seller  said  its  coffee  wood.  It  took  almost  an  year  to  take  all  the  tannins  out  of  this  wood.  Now  it  doesn't  make  the  water  brown  and  sinks  readily.  will  use  it  in  a  nano  project-

And  here's  the  light  hanging  bracket.  Initially  I  was  worried  that  the  weight  of  the  lighting  unit  +  this  bracket  might  be  risky  for  60-P.  But  then  I  found  a  person  on  another  forum  using  this  same  bracket  with  no  problem.  (Photo  is  from  the  where  I  bought  this.  Yet  to  photograph  this  unit  as  it  arrived  today  )-

Looks  like  an  ideal  inventory.  What  say   Wink  

Almost  everything  is  ready  to  be  used.  
 Stay  tuned  for  more  updates.  Internet  here  is  'super  sonic'.  So  the  updates  would  be  frequent  now.

And  the  scape  is  about  to  complete.  Just  your  comments,  critiques  are  needed.

Here's  the  tank  with  the  Lights  on   LIGHTS.  And  this  is  my  light  at  0  Volts-

And  yeah,  my  water  parameters  came  out  to  be-  
 KH-  3dKH
 GH-  4dKH
 TDS-  62  ppm

So  if  by  looking  at  the  scape,  any  plants  come  to  your  mind  that  will  look  good  in  the  scape,  please  mention  them.

Video-
 Youtube  link  is-  [URL="http://youtu.be/DngHyr2eXn0"]HERE  on  Youtube[/URL]

And  the  photobucket  video  is  embedded  here.  Click  on  it  and  it'll  open  in  a  new  tab-
 [URL="http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/sumers_album/USA%20Tank%20Build/E1509900-3016-495B-9E23-9C0CAC837E60-2070-00000138B6217455.mp4"][/URL]

The  photos  are-

I  hope  you  enjoyed  reading  the  first  post  as  much  as  I  enjoyed  writing   it.  Being  a  hobbyist  you  all  can  understand  the  level  of  excitement  I'm   in  right  now.  Adrenaline  levels  are  quite  high.  Would  keep  you  all   posted  about  every  step.
 I'm  gonna  edit  this  post  everytime  whenever  I  add  something  major.  I  think  the  new  readers  find  it  easier  this  way.Light  DIY

Update  Jan-  27-  2013

Hi  Folks,
 With  the  commencement  of  the  Spring  session  and  first  few  assignments  plus  submissions  I  was  very  busy  to  do  any  updates   :geek:  .  Although,  I  did  start  planting  a  little  earlier  than  this,  but  it  has  only  been  one  week  since  I  put  in  the  last  plant  into  the  tank.  The  levels  of  ammonia  are  are  still  high,  I  have  added  3  shots  of  BioDigest  because  I  found  Tateurndina  Ocellicauda/Peacock  Gudgeon  Gobi  and  I  couldn't  resist  myself  from  buying  some  of  those.  Currently  adding  Seachem  Stability.  Water  is  pretty  good  here,  still,  just  to  be  on  the  safe  side,  I  am  also  adding  Seachem  Prime.  Doing  tests  regularly,  50%  water  changes  every  other  day.  Adding  P,  K,  micros,  ADA  ECA,  ADA  Green  Gain.  I  also  noticed  some  algae  spots  today  on  the  front  glass.
 Enough  said,  time  for  photos   Very Happy  

Power...

She  likes  helping  around   :love:  

Now  here's  a  twist.  I  wont  post  the  final  hardscape  and  FTS  for  a  while.  Just  waiting  for  the  plants  to  fill  in  and  once  the  tank  is  good  enough  to  show  you  all,  I'll  post  a  FTS.  So  here  are  the  bits  n'  pieces  of  my  tank-

Rotala  Macandra  "Japan  Red"  seems  to  love  the  light  and  hence  showing  the  best  of  "Japan  Red"

Microenthemum  Umbrosum  showing  dense  growth  unlike  when  it  arrived-

Fissidense  Fontanus  flirting  with  light  and  chuckling  out  a  lot  of  O2-

Rotala  Sunset  is  growing  happy  haphazard-

Polygonum  kawagoeanum  oozing  out  oxygen  like  there's  no  tomorrow-

just  another  perspective  of  the  above  photo-

Frenzy  over  Manzy-

An  interesting  image  which  was  not  intended  but  happened.  It's  a  snail  gliding  on  water  surface.  Those  colors  are  actually  reflections  of  LEDs-

And  here's  a  plant  closest  to  my  heart.  It's  my  favorite  plant  even  when  I  didnt  have  it.  When  I  see  it  pearling,  I  feel  it's  not  actually  pearling  but  communicating  with  me  saying-  "I  love  being  here.  Thank  you  Smile".  It's  really  overwhelming  to  see  such  a  sight.

And  here's  something  that  came  with  the  manzanita.  It  survived  all  the  hot  water  baths  that  I  gave  to  all  the  woods.  And  now  it's  flourishing  in  the  tank.  It  looks  like  a  small  coral.  It's  very  soft  when  touched.  And  it  swings  with  the  water  currents.  

And  finally  here  are  the  inhabitants-  Tateurndina  Ocellicauda/Peacock  Gudgeon.  They  generally  swim  near  the  bottom  of  the  tank.  And  they  love  going  in  and  out  of  the  Helferi's  leaf  loops.  And  they  love  eating  Mysis  shrimps  and  Mosquito  Larvae.  I've  watched  them  closely  enough  in  the  last  week  to  be  able  to  write  an  essay  on  them   :yes:  

And  here  are  all  the  ladies  gathered  up  for  a  lil  chit  chat   :winkiss:  

Thanks  for  watching.  Stay  tuned  for  more  from  Superman.  LOL

Update  Feb  08
 Here's  something  a  fellow  hobbyist  said  on  TPT-  

Quote:                
Most  of  the  fun  for  the  viewers  is  to  follow  the  progress  of  the  tank,  opposed  to  simply  viewing  the  end  product.  Its  hard  to  comment  on  the  bits  and  pieces  that  have  been  posted  since  you  cant  see  the  whole  picture  of  whats  going  on.  Most  of  us  who  have  been  planting  it  up  for  a  few  years  can  visualize  what  the  tank  will  look  like  when  filled  in,  so  have  no  worries  about  photos  of  freshly  planted  tanks  and  let  the  fts  roll.  Just  something  to  keep  in  mind.                  

Before  I  read  his  comment  I  hadn't  thought  about  this.  Thanks  to  him  for  making  me  realize  what  people  expect  to  see  in  the  updates.  Now  because  he  said  so,  here  are  the  photos-

This  was  the  hardscape  we  finalized-

Erios  and  Blyxa  planted-

Flooded-

And  here's  a  FTS-

Violet-

An  iphone  pic-

Lobelia  Cardinalis

Update  Feb  17th-  '13

Just  a  small  update  about  some  shrimps  and  Eriocaulons.  The  Erios  I  got  a  month  back  have  started  flowering.  Where  one  side  it  adds  to  the  success  of  my  tank  but  on  the  other  side,  it  also  is  a  potential  harm  to  my  Erios.  If  flowers  wont  be  plucked,  Erio  may  die.  still  talking  to  hobbyists  about  when  to  pluck  the  flowers.  Will  definitely  update  you  all  on  this.  
 The  interesting  part  is-  Once  the  flower  is  plucked,  Erios  will  start  to  divide  in  2  Erios.  This  is  how  they  reproduce/  grow  or  whatever  Razz
 Here  are  the  pics-  
 The  Bud

Every  plant  has  2  flowers

The  Clan  Wink  -

Guess  the  plant-

And  here  are  some  "Blueberry  Shrimps".  Haha..  their  name  sounds  fun.  A  friend  had  them.  So  traded  them  for  some  plants  and  moss.  They  look  cool  though-

Gangnam  Style  

This  one  is  the  darkest  of  them.  Close  to  black-

See  the  brown/maroon  on  them-

And  this  one  is  lightest  of  them-

And  these  unclaimed  eggs..  Dont  know  who  abandoned  them.  Currently  there  are  only  3  fishes  are  their.  L183,  L184  and  Peacock  gudgeons.  L  series  are  so  small  to  do  this.  This  must  be  Peacock's..  -

[I]Updates  March  10  '13

Lot  of  things  happened  after  the  last  update.  
 My  peacock  gudgeons  started  breeding.  So  moved  them  to  other  tank.  Then  got  some  Pseudomugil  signifer  and  they  started  jumping.dont  know  why...
 Then  finally  got  panda  loaches  and  they  are  doing  good  in  my  tank.
 Here  are  some  photos  -
 Got  this  as  Rotala  sunset  but  people  told  me  that  it's  Rotala  colorata.  Don't  know  what  is  this.  Comments  are  welcome-

Dreaming  Rotala

Tonina  are  flourishing   I'm  happy

Never  mind  the  algae  though-

Ludwigia  tornado.  Such  a  wonderful  plant-

And  then  I  got  a  vintage  vernier  handle  on  eBay.  The  paper  says  its  been  made  in  1983.  It  was  in  its  original  packing.  New...  Unused...

My  regulator  looks  cool  now  

Erio  Cinereum  is  a  new  addition  to  my  erio  list.

Crypt  Nurii  doing  great  too

Signifer  rainbows  are  so  cool-

And  here  are  panda  loach-

The  reason  why  they  are  called  Panda-

Trimmings  are  getting  done  frequently  now-

And  my  camera  has  a  new  place  to  be  every  time  

Feels  so  good  when  I  enter  my  apartment  

And  here's  my  Viva  la  Vivaria

Enjoying  moss  like  a  boss  

Dendrobates  Auratus  "Nicaraguan  green  and  black"

That's  all  for  today.  Will  try  to  keep  this  thread  updated.

Update  April  20

P  Signifer  were  chasing  my  otos  and  were  bullying  my  shrimps.  So  decided  to  switch  them  with  a  wonderful  specie  from  Borneo.
 Guess..
 You're  right.  Boraras  brigittae.
 I  swear  i  never  thought  they  would  be  this  small.  I  mean  even  smaller  than  galaxy  rasbora  ??
 But  they  are  awesome.  wow..  magnificent  creature.  
 Here  are  the  photos..  enjoy..

Some  of  them  look  skinny  right  now  but  dont  worry,  they  are  enjoying  mosquito  larvae  and  BBS.-

And  here's  my  "Panda  Face"

Now  lets  talk  plants.  Scroll  up  and  read  the  first  (1.)  point  that  I  wrote.  My  tank  is  exactly  like  I  wanted  it  to  be.  Full  of  colors.  Every  possible  shade  of  green,  with  some  pink,  red,  orange,  brown.

Plants  are  doing  great.  The  battle  with  spirogyra  was  a  long  one  but  I  won  it.
 Here's  Ammania  sp  bonsai  -

Polygonum  kawagoeanum  -

"Excessive  Pearling  Disorder"-

And  this  is  my  favorite  shot  of  this  photoshoot.  Magic  of  prime.  Should  I  call  it  "The  Pearl  Bokeh"  !!

A  long  exposure  one-

And  here's  my  small  60-P  filled  with  colors.  It  makes  me  happy.  I  enjoy  it  more  than  anything.  What  else  can  one  ask  for  from  a  tank  !!

Updates  May  4th

Nothing  much  to  update  except  some  pictures.  Tank  is  going  good.  Added  some  more  plants.
 Here  are  the  photos-

Boraras  brigittae-

And  here's  a  photo  showing  how  much  weight  they  have  put  on  since  they  came  to  me-

Two  females  "fishing"  about  their  men  

Pseudomugil  signifer  male-

Pinnatifida  showing  the  happiness-

After  a  very  brutal  and  life  threatening  trim,  Rotala  sp  mini  butterfly  is  showing  some  new  good  growth-

A  new  addition  to  the  tank-  Ludwigia  inclinata  var.  verticillata  'Pantanal'  (formerly  Ludwigia  sp.  'Pantanal')

Polygonum  kawagoeanum

Erio  parkeri  are  doing  great  with  me.  Initially  I  got  5  of  them  and  now  i  have  maybe  around  40+

See  how  one  plant  becomes  4-

I  had  to  take  them  out  of  my  tank  and  have  planted  them  in  a  salad  box.  They  are  doing  great  there  too.

Almost  daily  I  pluck  3-4  flowers

After  parkeri  and  cinereum,  I  recently  got  blood  vomit  and  sieboldianum
 from  Chris  (catfishbi).  Thank  you  so  much  Chris.
 The  packing  was  amazing.

Erio  sp  sieboldianum-

Erio  sp  blood  (vomit)

Whenever  I  put  my  hand  in  the  tank,  within  a  minute  they  come  to  greet  

here's  a  small  wabi  kusa  I  did  some  time  back

And  it  feels  so  great  to  see  this  photo-

And  here  are  my  D  auratus.  
 Those  sexy  thighs  Wink

That  was  all  for  today.

Updates  :  May  25
 Its  been  almost  4  months  since  I  have  setup  this  tank.  So  far  so  good.  I  am  really  happy  with  this  tank.  It  came  out  nice.  My  lights  worked  perfectly  (experiment  successful).  I  am  trying  a  lot  of  new  species  that  I  never  kep  before.  Everything  is  good.  Spirogyra  is  the  only  problem  that  I  have  since  2  months.  It  spikes  whenever  a  fish  dies  and  go  unnoticed.  It  has  something  to  do  with  dieing  fish.  Maybe  ammonia  spike  ?  And  later,  a  few  regular  water  changes  with  excel  dosing,  and  its  gone  !
 With  the  commencement  of  summer  break,  I  seriously  dont  have  much  to  do  so  I  end  up  changing  the  water  everyday  :hihi:  Again  all  the  tests  and  dosing  stuff  everyday.  I  like  it.
 So  now  to  the  photos..  I  have  added  more  species  to  the  tank.  It  seems  almost  like  a  museum  of  plants  :rolleyes:
 Here  are  the  photos-

True  Rotala  sp  sunset.  Thanks  to  Tom  

Tonina  fluvatilis  'lotus  bloom'  

Lotus  bloomimg-

Polygonum  kawagoeanum.  This  plant  has  a  very  bad  habit  of  losing  lower  leaves.  But  still  I  love  this  plant.

This  plant  has  some  mental  sickness.  LOL.  Never  grows  straight.  Rotala  mini  butterfly

Syngonanthus  belem.  This  plant  is  growing  amazing  for  me.  i  love  it.  Makes  me  feel  proud  :biggrin:

Birds  eye  view-

Its  all  about  texture  baby  :icon_wink

Towards  the  end  of  the  photoperiod  -

Normal  rotala  and  type  2-

Desparately  looking  for  rotala  type  1.

Wanted  himself  to  check  CO2  levels  :hihi:

He  inspects  everything-  On  Erio  seiboldianum

Erio  erios  everywhere  :biggrin:

finally  got  some  A.  R.  mini

Now  some  updates  on  the  inhibitants  -
 Boraras  brigittae  are  loving  their  stay  in  my  tank.  They  are  showing  more  darker  color.  

Rachel  has  sent  some  wonderful  Clown  killies.  Epiplatys  annulatus

Males  have  some  amazing  colors  on  their  tail.  And  they  flare  to  the  other  male.

Top  view-

And  just  after  2  days  of  putting  them  in  the  tank,  the  female  is  blessed  with  fries.  I  could  spot  only  one  as  the  tank  is  simply  a  jungle  of  moss  and  floating  plants.  I  hope  there  are  many  more  inside

*  a  bloodworm  for  size  comparison.  

Got  some  wild  tiger  shrimps  too  Very Happy

Hypoptopoma  gulare  aka  Giant  otocinclus.  Right  now  they  are  in  my  hospital  tank.  They  are  quite  big.  I  am  still  not  able  to  decide  if  they  would  be  a  good  addition  to  my  tank  or  not  !  But  anyways,  they  are  so  cool.  The  love  eating  hikari  alage  disks.

Got  some  amazing  Endlers  and  guppies  from  a  very  reputed  breeder.  He  calls  these  "Japan  Hybrid"-

With  Ludwigia  senegalensis

And  some  endlers-

And  a  FTS  at  last  :)

And  2  of  my  creations-

And  here's  a  new  kinda  cool  shot.  I  like  it  -

Thanks.

Update  June  7th

Hello  folks,

Time  for  a  small  update  with  a  few  pictures.
 Tank  is  doing  great.  Fought  a  small  war  with  spirogyra  again.  Its  under  control  now.  Plants  are  still  recovering  from  the  brutal  trim  that  they  got  a  week  ago.  
 In  my  last  consignment  from  Rachel  I  got  some  Dario  hysginon.  Wonderful  fish  with  a  hell  lot  of  attitude.  They  took  their  time  to  settle  down  but  now  they  are  fine.  Doing  good.  They  weren't  eating  anything  initially.  So  I  went  ahead  with  adult  brine  shrimps.  It  really  helped  them  making  themselves  comfortable  in  my  tank.  My  strategy  is  first  to  make  them  comfortable  with  live  food  and  then  slowly  switch  to  frozen  food.  
 Here  are  the  photos  -  

When  I  first  got  Dario  hysginon.  Oh  yeah  that's  Syngonanthus  sp  'Madeira'.  Thanks  to  Joraan-

And  once  they  settled  down,  their  true  color  came  out-

Show  aggression  mixed  attitude  if  other  male  comes  into  one's  territory-

They  were  really  in  wonderful  shape.  Rachel  always  has  quality  fish  to  offer-

Constantly  looking  for  food  and  girls.  haha-

Even  Eriocaulon  flower  looks  suspicious-

All  pumped  up  in  front  of  their  girlfriends-

Here's  photo  of  an  Endler  that  I  forgot  to  share  in  last  update.  Wonderful  colors  they  have-

I  took  some  more  shots  of  Hypoptopoma  gulare.  I  have  written  a  small  blog  post  about  their  eating  habits  -  [URL="http://playsofrays.blogspot.com/2013/06/hypoptopoma-gulare.html"]Here's  the  LINK[/URL]

Rotala  sunset  has  settled  down  too.  It  doesn't  like  a  lot  of  Nitrates.  It  immediately  response  with  new  green  growth.

Same  goes  for  Ammania  sp.bonsai.  If  someday  I  dose  nitrates  a  bit  more,  the  very  next  day  it's  tips  will  become  green.  

And  one  of  my  favorite  plants..  Tonina  fluvalitis  'lotus  bloom'-

And  now  some  mobile  uploads.  Photos  that  I  took  from  my  Iphone-

Alternanthera  Reineckii  'Mini'  makes  a  wonderful  contrast  spot  in  the  foreground-

Polygonum  kawagoeanum  grows  so  fast.  But  I  hate  its  habit  of  loosing  its  lower  leaves-

Oh  yeah..  I  also  have  narrow  leaf  Java  fern  in  my  tank.  haha..
 New  Life-

Syngonanthus  belem-

Thanks  to  Sean  for  this  big  clump  of  Staurogyme  sp  purple-

Recently  I  saw  Aponogeton  madagascariensis  at  LFS.  Somewhere  deep  down  there  was  a  desire  to  try  out  this  plant.  So  I  bought  it.  I  know..  I  know..  It  grows  big  and  will  cover  my  small  tank  in  no  time.  i  know..  But  I  cant  help  my  heart.  Somethings  arent  suppose  to  be  given  a  second  thought.  It  was  one  of  those  things  -  

These  leaves  melted  away  in  just  one  night  haha..  And  then  2  days  later,  I  saw  a  pink,  very  delicate  laced  leaf  coming  out  of  the  bulb-

And  last  but  not  the  least..  My  auratus.  They  are  growing  with  a  fast  pace.  I  still  cant  figure  out  their  sex.  haha..

Some  videos  that  I  took  from  my  phone  -  

Greedy  Boraras  brigittae-
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL0U0gr3uwI

My  tank  -  
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtBc1R9Exas

A  koi  pond  at  a  LFS  here  -  
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ4Xdd6oV2Y

Crazy  co2  bubble.  Hahaha...
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC3mXDDW1Wo

Thats  it  for  today..  I  hope  you  guys  have  enjoyed  this  update.  Stay  tuned  for  more  fun.

Update  July  5th  2013

Hello  friends,
 Its  been  almost  6  months  that  my  tank  is  running  successfully.
 I  have  learnt  a  LOT  from  this  tank.  It  is  more  like  a  learning  step  before  making  my  dream  Dutch  tank.  Since  practical  knowledge  is  far  more  important  than  theoretical  (that  too  is  necessary)  this  tank  was  really  necessary  for  me  to  make.
 I  got  my  first  flash  unit  some  time  back.  I  no  longer  hold  a  lamp  with  one  hand  and  take  pictures  with  other.  LOL.  It  made  taking  photos  so  so  easy.  I  can  keep  ISO  to  100  which  leads  to  great  detailing.  
 Finally  I  got  most  of  the  eriocaulons  that  I  wanted  including  sp.  Thailand.  Still  searching  eagerly  for  Erio  amanoanum.  

I  know  you  guys  are  not  going  to  read  whatever  I  wrote  above  and  will  jump  directly  to  pics.  Haha..  Thats  totally  cool.  Everything  is  in  photos  
 One  important  thing  that  I  want  to  share  -  Please  dont  copy  the  photos  from  here.  Recently  one  sponsor  of  TPT  used  my  picture  without  even  mentioning  the  link  or  my  name.  Thats  something  I  really  dont  like.  If  its  for  personnel  or  educational  reason  (posting  my  pictures  on  FB  page  being  a  seller  of  planted  stuff  is  not  educating),  just  write  it  in  a  comment  and  I'll  gladly  let  you  use  it.  I  also  put  my  photos  on  500px  which  gives  me  their  copyright.  You  dont  wanna  go  in  that  copyright  mess.  So  please  dont  copy  photos  without  asking.

Plants-  

Aciotis  acuminifolia;  A  wonderful  and  beautiful  stem  plant.  Grows  straight  with  a  lot  of  side  stems.  Pinkish  reddish  top  leaves  look  so  beautiful.  A  slow  grower

Nesaea  crassicaulis-  Another  slow  growing  stem  plant.

Difference  between  Syngonanthus  sp  'Belem'  and  Syngonanthus  sp  'Madeira'

One  more.  Belem  on  left  and  Madeira  on  right-

Syngonanthus  sp  'Madeira'

Just  a  handful  of  Syngonanthus  belem.  Haha..  When  I  trimmed  it  last  week-  

I  totally  forgot  the  name  of  this  plant.  Any  leads  on  it's  ID  ?

Rotala  sunset  and  Rotala  macandra  magenta.  (I  maybe  messing  up  the  name).  But  it's  stems  are  too  soft  to  be  Ludwigia  arcuta.  

Hygrophila  sp  'Thai'  or  Hygrophila  sp  'Brown'.  And  believe  me  it  really  looks  brown.

Here's  another  marvelous  plant.  Tonina  fluviatilis  "Lotus  Blossom"-

And  it  does  look  like  lotus  if  seen  from  top-

[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3

Last edited by sumer on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:18 am; edited 13 times in total
KarthickJk
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:37 pm Post subject: Re: Gonna Start a planted tank after 2 years of reading Reply with quote

Awesome  friend.....  Make  a  great  scape..  Waiting  to  see
bettaji
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:55 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Super Tree Root Scaped 60-P- Week 1 updates #Jan Reply with quote

Wow  Summer  mind  blowing  work  !!!
josyjames
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:03 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Super Tree Root Scaped 60-P- Week 1 updates #Jan Reply with quote

Waiting  for  an  update....
Prabu
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:06 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Super Tree Root Scaped 60-P- Week 1 updates #Jan Reply with quote

Fantastic!!  Keep  us  updated   Cheer
deepakg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:45 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Super Tree Root Scaped 60-P- Week 1 updates #Jan Reply with quote

Awesome   Thumb Up
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:54 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Super Tree Root Scaped 60-P- Week 1 updates #Jan Reply with quote

FTS  Please  .........
mama
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:13 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Super Tree Root Scaped 60-P- Week 1 updates #Jan Reply with quote

Wow.  Beautiful  narration  and  love  you  for  them  is  amazing
cyclopse99
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:15 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Super Tree Root Scaped 60-P- Week 1 updates #Jan Reply with quote

Amazing.  waiting  to  see  more  updates.
keluthi
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:44 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Super Tree Root Scaped 60-P- Week 1 updates #Jan Reply with quote

Wow..!  Your  fish  are  Stunning..  Actually,  this  is  the  first  time  ever  I  come  across  this  species.  I'm  really  very  interested  to  see  the  final  outcome..  Rock On
superbsite
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:56 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Super Tree Root Scaped 60-P- Week 1 updates #Jan Reply with quote

Awesome.  Well  Stocked   Thumb Up
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:22 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Super Tree Root Scaped 60-P- Week 1 updates #Jan Reply with quote

FTS  Please
abhip29
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:41 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Super Tree Root Scaped 60-P- Week 1 updates #Jan Reply with quote

nice....   Very Happy
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:47 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Super Tree Root Scaped 60-P- Week 1 updates #Jan Reply with quote

Put  a  full  tank  shot  yaar,  and  show  us  the  effects  of  your  lighting,  most  important  is  that,  I  want  to  see  the  FLASH  Cheering  

ITS  AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME  Cheering   Clapping
jjaaxx44
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:11 pm Post subject: Re: Sumer's Super Tree Root Scaped 60-P- Week 1 updates #Jan Reply with quote

kool....  Cheering
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: