basically i have 2 kessils Tuna blue running up in my tank... its pretty cool and have no problems with it but i feel that just 2 kessils is way too low for my 6 feet tank
soo here comes the problem either to upgrade to kessils like buy 2-3 more of them or go for DIY Cree LED setup
pros of kessils
awesome simmer, great penetration, and sexy looks
cons of kessils
too blue for my taste and are not controlled via controller, no sunrise sun set effect... are the only con that i can see as of now
Pros of DIY CREE
can go for full spectrum lights, more control over the unit....
Cons of DIY CREE
its a DIY and m dumb at DIY
soo please guide me what to buy and how to go about....
if i opt for DIY CREE setup here is what i have planned soo far...
please have a look and reply me experts
total unit 3 nos with 2 kessils tune blue on a 6 feet tank with 27 wide and 24 deep
each unit will be placed alternately ( DIY - Kessil - DIY - Kessil - DIY )
i am not really a great fan of the blue tone and Kessils have good blue color so have totally eliminated blues from this stuff....
plans for LED
White: 9 Nos Cree XT-E Cool White (total 27 nos) (should we go for XT-E or XP-G is fine ? )
UV Violets: 9 Nos from Rapid Led (total 27 nos)
Red: 1 Nos Cree XP-E (total 3 nos)
Green: 1 Nos XP-E (total 3 nos)
Royal Blue: 2 Cree XP-E (if necessary for moonlight) (total 6 nos)
Amber: 1 Cree XP-E (total 3 nos)
Lens: 80 degree lens
1) is it this light good ? or an over kill for the tank ? are warm white necessary ?
2) again i am bad at the computer soo if you can guide regarding the placement of the LEDs that ll be great i was thinking red, green, amber, and royal blue( if you suggest) will be in midle and rest will be alternate
3) what should be the size of the unit ? i like more compact look
4) what should be the ideal distance between each LEDs ??
5) are combined lens available for crees ? if yes where so can try to replicate ecotech radiations
6) it will be manually and PWM dimming as experimenting for first time and in case of aurindo failure shouldn't be a problem
7) friend of mine is making aurindo any special points i need to tell him to take care of ?
what driver you suggest to use ?
9) i would like to control each color individually is it possible ? and how if yes ? if no what to do ?
10) any extra points that came to your mind while reading please tell me....
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum