124. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,485

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - hagen marina cf 40
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

hagen marina cf 40
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Filtration Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shrikant007
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:57 pm Post subject: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

Hi  guys  new  to  this  forum.  I  bought  a  hagen  marina  cf  40  from  aquanature  borivali.  
 I  got  ceramic  rings  ,  bio  balls,  filter  pad  ,  foam  ,  carbon  media.  My  question  is  how  i  arrange  it  from  top  to  bottom.  My  manual  says  
 From  top  
 1.  Bio  media  -  bio  balls
 2.  Fine  filter  pad
 3.carbon  media
 4.foam  media.
 I  dont  think  its  correct
 What  should  i  do.  I  dont  need  carbon  i  have  got  ceramic  rings.
shrikant007
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:02 pm Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

Here  is  the  layout
shrikant007
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:45 pm Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

Heres  the  ny  idea
shrikant007
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:51 pm Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

Heres  the  ny  idea
 Foam  medua
 Fine  filter  media
 Bio  balls/  ceramuc  rings
manishjv10
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:24 pm Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

From  the  sequence  mentioned  in  the  manual,  it  seems  that  water  will  flow  from  bottom  to  top  in  the  canister  filter  (water  from  tank  will  come  to  bottom  of  the  canister  and  will  move  towards  top)  and  if  this  is  true  then  i  think  your  sequence  should  be:

from  top  to  bottom:
 *  at  top,  bio  balls
 *  2nd  fine  filter  media
 *  at  bottom,  foam  media
shrikant007
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:32 pm Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

Thats  the  problem  
 Lfs  guy  told  top  to  bottom  style  and  manual  told  bottom  to  top  but  with  no  logic  as  chem  is  before  bioand  bio  is  actually  is  in  the  same  ray  with  filter  pad
shrikant007
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:03 am Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

Bump  no  replies  help  ne  yaar  mera  lfs  aanewala  hai  tank  setup  karne  ke  liye
sripad
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:16 am Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

Depends  on  how  the  water  flows  through  this  particular  canister
hayath_dyno

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:55 pm Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

shrikant007  wrote  (View  Post):                
Bump  no  replies  help  ne  yaar  mera  lfs  aanewala  hai  tank  setup  karne  ke  liye                

IAH  has  members  across  the  nation,  English  is  encouraged  since  it  has  the  maximum  reach  and  will  get  your  far  better  responses   Thumb Up
shrikant007
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:32 pm Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

Please  hurry
sachianu
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:58 pm Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

I  think  it  is  a  US  company.  They  would  have  good  QC  and  know  what  has  been  written  in  manual.  I  would  blindly  go  as  per  the  Manual....
manishjv10
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:55 am Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

shrikant007  wrote  (View  Post):                
Thats  the  problem  
 Lfs  guy  told  top  to  bottom  style  and  manual  told  bottom  to  top  but  with  no  logic  as  chem  is  before  bioand  bio  is  actually  is  in  the  same  ray  with  filter  pad                

Unless  you  are  adding  activated  carbon,  placement  of  Filter  Pad  and  Bio-balls  may  not  have  that  much  of  issues  in  any  manner.  I  would  still  like  to  keep  filter  pad  first  (next  to  inlet  pine)  so  that  all  the  debris  will  get  trapped  here  and  bio-rings/balls  will  only  interact  with  mechanically  filtered  water.
Proxy
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:12 pm Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

Hello  All,

I  bought  a  Hagens  marina  CF  40  about  20  days  back,  and  suddenly  it  stopped  working.  No  power  at  all,  complete  dead  peice.

Tried  calling  their  support  numbers  in  US,  the  lady  asked  me  to  contact  the  place  from  where  I  bought  it  and  said  no  support  for  India  :(

I  bought  it  from  FlipKart  and  even  they  have  no  idea  abought  Hagens  service  centers,  they  do  not  even  underrstand  what  is  the  product  about,  seems  like  they  have  millions  of  online  products,  so  the  representative  had  no  clue  :(

Can  anyone  guide  me  to  a  outlet  or  distributor,  who  can  help  me  with  this,  as  Hagen's  claim  to  provide  a  2  year  warranty  and  its  harly  20  days  :(

Its  sad  to  buy  a  product  worth  5K  plus  and  it  goes  dead  in  20  days

Please  help
pennyilurm
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:56 pm Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

Hello,

Filter  setup  depends  on  the  type  of  tank  setup  planned.  It  will  change  depending  upon  the  type  of  fish  and  also  if  it  is  planted  or  non  panted.  There  are  various  threads  on  this  forum  that  have  gone  into  great  details.  Please  take  a  bit  of  time  to  research.  

In  your  case,  the  media  is  already  bought  and  the  advice  will  be  to  follow  the  manufacturers  specification.  

Carbon  will  have  max  1  month  life  and  then  you  will  have  to  replace  it.  Most  likely  first  filter  cleaning  schedule.

Plan  to  swap  it  to  ceramic  rings  or  more  bio  balls.  Keeping  sponge  at  entry  point  is  a  normal  practice  as  suggested.

Honestly  you  can  also  fill  a  filter  with  only  sponge  and  be  happy  for  life.  Just  clean  them  as  required.

regards
aki1096
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:17 am Post subject: Re: hagen marina cf 40 Reply with quote

I  would  keep  the  foam  on  top  to  trap  any  debris  or  other  particles

next  it  is  best  to  add  carbon  as  carbon  is  a  very  powerful  adsorbent  it  removes  heavy  metals  and  eliminates  odours  .  this  stuff  cant  be  filtered  out  by  other  media  it  also  helps  to  polish  water.  as  i  said  it  is  a  powerful  adsorbent  and  so  it  works  best  when  is  no  debris  or  such  to  stop  it  from  working.  hence  add  the  foam  first

next  i  would  add  the  bio  balls  and  ceramic  rings  and  on  top  of  them  put  the  fine  filter  pad  just  to  protect  it  from  any  debris  trying  to  enter.  as  these  are  biological  media  their  main  job  is  to  get  populated  with  bacteria  that  breakdown  the  toxic  nitrogenous  wastes  into  less  toxic  nitrate.  so  if  any  debris  gets  trapped  in  the  bioballs  or  ceramic  rings  they  can  act  like  nitrate  factories  unles  cleaned  regularly.

also  replace  carbon  every  2months  or  so  and  when  cleaning  the  bioballs  and  ceramic  rings  clean  half  of  the  total  amount  a  time  as  you  dont  want  to  get  rid  of  all  the  bacteria

the  reason  why  the  manufacturer  might  have  suggested  to  arrange  them  in  order:
 bio  media  
 fine  filter  pad
 carbon
 foam
 is  that  the  point  of  entry  of  water  might  be  from  the  bottom  of  the  canister  and  so  it  is  exactly  in  the  order  i  suggested  anyway
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Filtration Equipment All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: