70. Guest
71. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,803

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - CORAL BEAUTY NOT EATING..............................
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

CORAL BEAUTY NOT EATING..............................

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Feeding Marine Livestock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sachinraje
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:26 pm Post subject: CORAL BEAUTY NOT EATING.............................. Reply with quote

Sad    Sad    Sad      
 hey  guys,
   i  m  new  here.hope  u  help.
 i  hav  reef  tank  since  6  months.
 tank  size-48x15x24
 sump-36x12x18
 wid  20  kg  LR
 NH4,NO2-ABSENT,N03-NORMAL
 lighting-10000k  pl  x  4[azoo],3  actinyc  blue  [2  feet]
 i  have  2  true  anymonyfish[2  inch]  wid  ther  BTA.  one  electric  blue  damsel[1.5  inch],one  empire  angle[3inch],one  regal  tang[3-4  inch].  all  doing  well,last  week  i  add  one  coral  beauty  in  my  reef.b4  tht  he  passes  through  quarantine  tank  2  weeks.he  is  2  inches  long,sweems  well,looks  healty.he  is  eating  well  in  quarantine.bt  after  introdusing  in  main  tank  ,he  is  not  eating  anything.not  being  suffered  by  tankmates.i  tried  3-4  types  of  flakes,frozen  shrimp,brine  shrimps,vegi.  sheet  noori  or  noodi  dont  kno  exactly,bt  no  effect.2day  is  his  6th  day  in  main  tank.1st  2  days  he  doing  well  in  tank,next  2  days  movement  slight  slow,  from  yesterday  very  slow...he  is  beautyful  fish..guys  i  m  here  wid  gr8  hope.can  any1  help  me??????????    Sad    Sad
retro_gk
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:53 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Welcome  to  the  forum,  Sachin.  Please  do  not  use  SMS  words,  we  appreciate  regular  english  Smile

To  answer  your  question,  you  mentioned  NO3  in  the  tank  is  "normal"...  normal  NO3  in  a  reef  in  nature  is  zero  (or  very  close  to  it),  what,  exactly,  is  the  value  in  your  tank?  

If  NO3  is  below  10  ppm,  wait  another  4-5  days.  If  the  fish  still  isn't  eating  move  it  back  to  the  quarantine  tank  and  see  if  it  starts  eating.  It  is  possible  one  of  the  other  fish  is  harassing  it,  even  though  you  may  not  have  seen  anything.
cokeamod
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:11 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

Ok  this  is  wierd,  what  a  coincidence...

Even  i  got  a  coral  beauty  around  5-6  days  back,  was  quarintined,  put  in  main  tank,  
 **5ftx18x18,  only  with  base  rocks,  diy  filter+undergravel,  with  one  saddle  back  clown,  setup  is  over  1.5  months  old,  no3>10,  temp-28-29,  ph-8.2,  kh-3-4dh.  And  yes,  with  good  water  current.

Tried  feeding  LBS,  fresh  prawns,  marine  flakes/pellets,  Coriander!

But  the  guy  is  not  eating  any  of  these  and  going  after  brown  diatoms!!
 What  should  i  do?  hehehe,  what  remains?
 Regards,
 amod.
sachinraje
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:24 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

no3-  12  ppm.  thx  for  help.sorry  abaut  my  words.i  think  he  is  not  eating  since  last  10  days.but  what  abaut  his  movements???????his  movement  is  slowly  decreasing.
rahulk
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:05 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi  sachin,
             You  can  try  the  following:-
 1)  reduce  the  light  in  your  tank  (they  dont  like  very  bright  light),  you  can  slowly  increase  it  once  he  is  okay.
 2)  Do  a  partial  water  change.  Around  20  %  should  be  fine

3)  Feed  them  lot  of  Veggie's  since  they  are  algae  eaters  in  nature.

4)  you  need  to  provide  him  with  lot  of  nook  and  crannies,  i.e  lot  of  hiding  places  for  them  to  feel  secure.

5)  move  him  back  to  the  quarentine  tank  if  all  the  above  does  not  work  or  if  he  is  noticeably  week.

Rahul
Shankar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:25 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

This  dwarf  is  not  a  beginner's  (with  dwarfs)  fish,  as  i  mentioned  in  some  thread  before.  Anyways,  since  you  have  already  got  it  and  good  LR  as  well,  just  keep  observing  if  it  is  pecking  the  rocks.  Coral  beauty  typically  chooses  its  favourite  rock  to  peck  and  returns  there  after  brief  swims.  If  you  see  this,  just  tie  a  very  small  piece  of  dead  prawn  on  that  rock.  That  could  induce  the  eating.

Also  a  few  semi-adult  and  adult  dwarfs  lose  the  feeding  interests  after  being  transported.  Hence,  always  prefer  to  buy  them  as  juveniles.
retro_gk
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:04 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

sachinraje  wrote:                
no3-  12  ppm.  thx  for  help.sorry  abaut  my  words.i  think  he  is  not  eating  since  last  10  days.but  what  abaut  his  movements???????his  movement  is  slowly  decreasing.                

You  said  in  the  OP  the  fish  was  eating  in  quarantine...  what  were  you  feeding  it?
aquascapes
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:44 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Quote:                
This  dwarf  is  not  a  beginner's  (with  dwarfs)  fish,  as  i  mentioned  in  some  thread  before.  Anyways,  since  you  have  already  got  it  and  good  LR  as  well,  just  keep  observing  if  it  is  pecking  the  rocks.  Coral  beauty  typically  chooses  its  favourite  rock  to  peck  and  returns  there  after  brief  swims.  If  you  see  this,  just  tie  a  very  small  piece  of  dead  prawn  on  that  rock.  That  could  induce  the  eating.                  

Right!  It  is  not  a  beginners  fish  and  even  the  flame  angle  is  a  bit  difficult  to  acclimatize  if  it  is  not  a  juvenile.
 read  this
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rudra
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:18 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi  everybody,
   As  per  my  experience  goes,  i  have  seen  dwarf  angels  stopping  to  eat  after  being  Introduced  into  display  tanks  which  already  has  an    establised  angel.  Somehow  the  older  guy  intimidates  the  newly  introduced  angels.  i  have  seen  this  happening  between  my  Bi-color  angel  and  Eible's  angel.  Sometime  changing  the  rock  work  or  separating  the  established  one  for  some  time  help's.  As  your  tank  has  aleady  an  emperor  angel  in  it,  might  be  some  hidden  warfare  is  going  between  them.  pls  check  that  out.
hitster
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:05 pm Post subject: @aquascapes Reply with quote

since  i  just  remembered  after  hearing  Flameangel...

Nauzer  -  Remember  u  told  me  Flame  wont  survive!  Mines  survived  and  doing  good...infact  the  most  liveliest

Hits
aquascapes
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:01 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Quote:                
Nauzer  -  Remember  u  told  me  Flame  wont  survive!  Mines  survived  and  doing  good...infact  the  most  liveliest                  

Good  for  you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sachinraje
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:52 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

guy  thx  for  help.still  my  fish  is  not  eat  inything  Sad  .as  it  was  hiding  behind  the  base  rocks.now  i  kept  it  in  a  hospital  tank(24x12x15).actually  the  fishi  was  eating  brine  shrimp  in  quarantine  before  bt  now  nither  eating  nor  swimming  properly  Thumb Down  .seating  at  corner.will  he  survive?i'll  try  my  level  best  but  im  not  getting  right  way.one  more  thing,i  have  hitachi  tube  in  hospital  tank.
aquascapes
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:00 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

sachinraje  wrote:                
Thumb Down  .seating  at  corner.will  he  survive?i'll  try  my  level  best  but  im  not  getting  right  way.one  more  thing,i  have  hitachi  tube  in  hospital  tank.                

well  the  light  does  not  matter  but  any  sudden  switch  on  and  switch  off  should  be  avoided  -  switch  on  the  room  lights  first  before  switching  on  the  tank  lights  and  switch  off  the  tank  lights  first  and  than  the  room  lights.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Feeding Marine Livestock All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: