22. Guest
23. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,374

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Help needed on choosing the right filter
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Help needed on choosing the right filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Filtration Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
griffith
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:26 pm Post subject: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

Hi  All,  I  am  setting  up  a  fresh  water  aquarium  of  size  4  x  2  x  2  feet.  The  capacity  of  the  tank  will  be  432  litres  in  total.  Which  filter  would  be  the  best  for  this  huge  tank?  Please  pour  in  your  suggestions  and  advices  for  me
Preeths
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

Hi  Griffith,

The  important  things  to  consider  is  the  reliability  of  the  Filter  and  availability  of  spares.
 EHEIM  is  a  good  choice  if  you  have  a  good  budget,  and  spares  are  available  online.
 On  the  other  end  of  he  spectrum  you  have  the  cheap  Chinese  SUNSUN  filters.
griffith
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:51 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

Preeths  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi  Griffith,

The  important  things  to  consider  is  the  reliability  of  the  Filter  and  availability  of  spares.
 EHEIM  is  a  good  choice  if  you  have  a  good  budget,  and  spares  are  available  online.
 On  the  other  end  of  he  spectrum  you  have  the  cheap  Chinese  SUNSUN  filters.                

Which  type  of  filter  would  be  good  for  my  tank  size.  Top  filter,  Canister,  Internal  Filter??
Preeths
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:39 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

For  a  tank  that  size  you  need  a  canister  filter
griffith
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:47 am Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

For  a  tank  that  size  you  need  a  canister  filter                

What's  the  specs  I  need  to  look  for?  How  many  litres/hour  will  do  good  for  my  tank?
Mortis
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:16 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

I  would  suggest  two  SUNSUN  HW  303  (1300  lph)   filters  for  your  tank.  One  HW  304  (2000  lph)  will  also  do  but  I  prefer  redundancy  in  case  there  is  issue  with  one  filter  you  always  have  a  second  running.

Your  filter  choice  will  also  depend  on  whether  its  a  planted  or  fish  only  tank
Preeths
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:24 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

I  would  suggest  one  canister  filter  and  one  large  internal  filter.  Choose  a  canister  filter  that  cycles  about  1600  liters  of  water  every  hour.  The  internal  power  filter  rated  at  about  1000  LPH.
griffith
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:19 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

I  would  suggest  one  canister  filter  and  one  large  internal  filter.  Choose  a  canister  filter  that  cycles  about  1600  liters  of  water  every  hour.  The  internal  power  filter  rated  at  about  1000  LPH.                

Thanks  a  lot  for  your  suggestions..  I  was  looking  for  the  Boyu  canister  filter.  Which  one  would  be  better  among  the  two:Boyu  or  SunSun?
Preeths
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

I  am  using  Sunsun303,  it  got  a  leak,  but  after  changing  the  gasket  its  working  fine.  It  appears  that  getting  Sunsun  spares  is  comparatively  easier.  so  Sunsun  would  be  better.
griffith
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:22 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

I  am  using  Sunsun303,  it  got  a  leak,  but  after  changing  the  gasket  its  working  fine.  It  appears  that  getting  Sunsun  spares  is  comparatively  easier.  so  Sunsun  would  be  better.                

Thank  you...  I  will  be  buying  a  canister  filter  tomorrow.  I  will  let  you  know  once  I  buy.  Thanks  again
Mortis
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

You  will  need  to  buy  some  media  also  as  the  Sun  Sun  filters  come  without  media.  Dont  use  the  fine  white  floss  sheets  that  come  with  it  as  they  clog  quickly.  Coarse  sponge  and  ceramic  rings  should  do.

Is  this  going  to  be  a  planted  or  fish  only  tank  ?
griffith
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:53 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

Mortis  wrote  (View  Post):                
You  will  need  to  buy  some  media  also  as  the  Sun  Sun  filters  come  without  media.  Dont  use  the  fine  white  floss  sheets  that  come  with  it  as  they  clog  quickly.  Coarse  sponge  and  ceramic  rings  should  do.

Is  this  going  to  be  a  planted  or  fish  only  tank  ?                

its  a  fish  only  tank  @Mortis.  thanks  a  lot  for  the  inputs
griffith
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:58 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

Thanks  everyone...  I  got  the  Sunsun  HW-304B  just  now.  The  shop  gave  me  the  filter  media  too..  Yet  to  set  it  up.  Will  keep  you  informed  once  I  set  it  up
pradeep0306
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

hey  guys
 can  u  pls  give  me  approx  price  for  
 eheim  2217  2260
 sun  sun  hw  304
 well  m  not  asking  exact  price  but  an  idea,  as  of  now  I  don't  know  much
 just  on  broad  spectrum  i  know  sun  sun  is  half  the  price  of  eheim
 well  hw  304  is  i  guess  4***  rs  
 i  wonder  2217  is  for  how  much  and  2260  for  12k  15k  or  what
 some  rough  idea  pls
 i  am  considering  diy  canister  as  well.  for  that  need  good  pump,  any  idea  on  which  r  the  good  pump
 well  i  m  planning  to  put  4  1/4'*  1  1/2"*  2"  gold  fish  non  planted  tank
elimoses3
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:59 am Post subject: Re: Help needed on choosing the right filter Reply with quote

Pradeep  browse  indianaquarium.com  for  the  lowest  online  prices.  I  have  purchased  sunsun  302a  and  other  filters  from  the  site  for  the  lowest  prices.  I  live  right  now  in  a  rural  area  in  punjab  and  the  website  has  been  really  helpful  in  procuring  aqua  products  here.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Filtration Equipment All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: