225. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,770

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Seahorses
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Seahorses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Marine Fishes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angad
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:12 am Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

AquariumsIndia  wrote  (View  Post):                
arre  guys  SEA  HORSE  are  101%  banned  in  our  country.                

Rocky  101%  seems  to  be  your  fav  percentage  Very Happy  Dont  tell  me  it  was  your  percentage  in  exams!!   Chuckle
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:50 am Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

Quote:                
Rocky  101%  seems  to  be  your  fav  percentage   Dont  tell  me  it  was  your  percentage  in  exams!!                  

Chuckle   Chuckle  ...  no  budy
 saying  101%  looks  more  prominent.  Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
insanesaint
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:13 am Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

wht  the  fish!!!!  dont  some  people  get  any  senses!!!  who  the  f**  said  if  they  can  get  sea  horses  in  bangalore  they  would  turn  to  salt  water  tank???  people  .....  stupid  people  like  u  is  whom  i  hate........  show  some  respect  towards  our  "corrupt"  govrnmnt  ...........  some  animals  do  get  protected!!!!!  

please  this  is  a  pleadge  to  all  of  u  who  want  to  keep  turtles  and  exotic  animals  like  sea  horses  ,  STOP  tryin  to  keep  them  as  pets  this  will  save  our  hanging  wildlife.......  Sad   PLEASE...........  educated  ppl  should  take  up  responsibility  of  our  wildlife  not  being    bitches!!!
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:22 am Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

Hi  Insanesaint,

I  agree  with  and  you  salute  the  vision  you  have,  but  please...  mind  your  language,  Its  a  family  oriented  web  site,  dont  use  slang  languages.  Smile  

Read  the  forum  Guidelines  :  http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=685

Best  Regards,

Last edited by DJ_Rocky on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nandu
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:20 pm Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

Hi

Despite  the  ban  hundreds  are  caught  ,dried  and  sold  for  chinese  medicine  by  SOME  fishermen  around   chennai.There  was  an  interesting  artcle  in  HINDU  sometime  back  on  these  activities.
 Shall  try  to  post  that  if  i  could  locate.
 Nandu
TIMS
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:19 pm Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

My  God....!!!!   What  language...   Mad
psimhan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:39 pm Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

insanesaint  wrote  (View  Post):                
wht  the  fish!!!!  dont  some  people  get  any  senses!!!  who  the  f**  said  if  they  can  get  sea  horses  in  bangalore  they  would  turn  to  salt  water  tank???  people  .....  stupid  people  like  u  is  whom  i  hate........  show  some  respect  towards  our  "corrupt"  govrnmnt  ...........  some  animals  do  get  protected!!!!!  

please  this  is  a  pleadge  to  all  of  u  who  want  to  keep  turtles  and  exotic  animals  like  sea  horses  ,  STOP  tryin  to  keep  them  as  pets  this  will  save  our  hanging  wildlife.......  Sad  Â PLEASE...........  educated  ppl  should  take  up  responsibility  of  our  wildlife  not  being  <deleted>  bitches!!!                

DON'T:
 Swear.  Swearing  is  bad.  My  mum  told  me  so  Smile
 Attack  the  poster.
 Type  in  continuous  lines  without  appropriate  punctuation,  and  grammer.
 Use  SMS  language  on  the  forums.
 DO  
 Update  your  profile  to  include  your  location.
 Introduce  yourself  in  the  New  Member  forum.
 Let  us  know  your  name.
 Try  to  post  in  a  neat  ,  legible  manner,  so  that  your  post  is  readable.
angad
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:34 pm Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

please  this  is  a  pleadge  to  all  of  u  who  want  to  keep  turtles  and  exotic  animals  like  sea  horses  ,  STOP  tryin  to  keep  them  as  pets  this  will  save  our  hanging  wildlife.......  Sad   PLEASE...........  educated  ppl  should  take  up  responsibility  of  our  wildlife  not  being  <deleted>  bitches!!!                
aquascapes
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:05 pm Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

@insanesaint,
 I  don't  know  if  you  already  got  a  warning  from  the  administration  but  since  I  moderate  the  marine  section  I  would  like  to  make  it  very  clear  that  such  language  will  not  be  tolerated  on  IAH.
 Your  message  is  loud  and  clear  but,  could  have  been  more  polished  and  to  the  point........just  a  friendly  reminder.
insanesaint
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:13 am Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

Hi  i  am  raj,  a  previous  member  at  IAH  but  lost  my  previous  id  because  of  some  hacker.

I  apologise  for  my  bad  writing  skills  but  i  am  not  as  skillfull  as  many  of  you  are  in  this  forum.I  just  wanted  to  show  my  anger  and  i  am  sorry  sir  if  you  think  my  writing  skills  are  as  important  that  the  actual  discussion  itself,  this  is  in  no  manner  personal  and  the  point  being  i  really  got  angry(or  lets  say  pissed  off  if  i  am  allowed  to  say  that!!!)  and  strongly  i  dont  like  people  who  try  to  act  above  the  law  just  because  in  india  we  can  get  any  endangered  animal,  all  it  takes  is  money  to  literally  own  anything  and  perhaps  destroy  it  too.  

I  dont  think  keeping  pets  just  because  we  have  money  dosnt  really  mean  ethical  treatment,  animals  are  to  be  kept  as  pets  only  if  can  devote  time  to  them  and  love  them.  I  am  strongly  against  people  who  think  animals  bring  beauty  and  ambience  to  their  living  rooms,  fancy  stuff  always  does  not  mean  good  looking  it  even  means  fragile.

After  all  said,  i  know  for  sure  many  of  you  agree  to  my  views  and  feel  the  same  but  coming  to  swearing,  i  have  not  sworn  because  i  can  get  away  with  it  as  i  am  using  internet  but  to  show  my  retaliation  against  the  IGNORANT  mind.  I  am  sure  anyone  who  visits  this  site  often  reads  about  turtles  and  marine  animals  and  like  this  post  are  not  willing  to  understand  its  effects  on  the  entire  wild  life  around  us  and  the  fact  that  no  one  has  actually  said  something  strong  about  it  i  felt  like  my  post  had  to  be  strong  enough  for  them  to  understand,  a  VOICE  for  lawful  protection  of  animals.

Along  with  rules  moderators  have  mentioned  about  writing  skills  and  posting  rules  why  dont  you  guys  even  mention  wildlife  conservation  and  make  newbies  expose  themselves  to  wildlife  conservation  and  instead  of  giving  importance  to  grammer,  an  uneducated  person  like  me  would  dedicate  the  same  amount  of  time  even  in  learning  about  our  beautiful  wildlife  and  on  means  to  protect  it  which  are  far  more  important  that  just  grammer.

"love  ye  brothrs"
 RAj
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:03 am Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

Hi  Raj,
 Welcome  back  to  IAH.
 As  I  said  on  my  previous  post  also,  "I  agree  with  and  you  salute  the  vision  you  have,  but  please...  mind  your  language"

Our  AIM  is  to  keep  IAH  on  higher  standard,  which  all  IAHians  maintained  till  date.

Let  end  this  topic  here  &  no  more  discussion  on  above.

I  request  you  to  start  a  new  thread  regarding  your  fish  keeping  experience  whether  thats  marine  or  fresh  water  &  Just  share  your  experience  with  us.  Smile  

Hand  to  hand!!
psimhan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:49 pm Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

I  just  wanted  to  show  my  anger                  

I  am  sure  you  feel  angry,  but  what  gives  you  the  right  to  take  that  anger  out  on  other  people.
 If  you  feel  strongly  about  something,  speak  out,  educate,  coax,  discourage,  and  if  all  of  the  above  don't  work,  then  go  ahead  and  swear.  

Quote:                

and  i  am  sorry  sir  if  you  think  my  writing  skills  are  as  important  that  the  actual  discussion  itself,  this  is  in  no  manner  personal  and  the  point  being  i  really  got  angry(or  lets  say  pissed  off  if  i  am  allowed  to  say  that!!!)  and  strongly

I  am  sorry  too,  Sir,  but  these  are  the  rules  of  this  forum,  made  by  the  Admins.  I  acted  in  my  own  capacity  and  pointed  them  out  to  you.  I  am  not  an  admin  or  moderator,  just  a  member  like  you.  This  may  not  be  as  important  as  saving  the  tiger,  but  it  helps  people  to  read  your  posts  more  easily.

Quote:                

I  dont  like  people  who  try  to  act  above  the  law  just  because  in  india  we  can  get  any  endangered  animal,  all  it  takes  is  money  to  literally  own  anything  and  perhaps  destroy  it  too.  

Neither  do  I.

Quote:                

I  dont  think  keeping  pets  just  because  we  have  money  dosnt  really  mean  ethical  treatment,  animals  are  to  be  kept  as  pets  only  if  can  devote  time  to  them  and  love  them.  I  am  strongly  against  people  who  think  animals  bring  beauty  and  ambience  to  their  living  rooms,  fancy  stuff  always  does  not  mean  good  looking  it  even  means  fragile.

Agree  with  you  here  too.

Quote:                

After  all  said,  i  know  for  sure  many  of  you  agree  to  my  views  and  feel  the  same  but  coming  to  swearing,  i  have  not  sworn  because  i  can  get  away  with  it  as  i  am  using  internet  but  to  show  my  retaliation  against  the  IGNORANT  mind.                  

I  am  sure  that  the  answer  to  IGNORANCE  is  EDUCATION,  not  SWEARING.

Quote:                

I  am  sure  anyone  who  visits  this  site  often  reads  about  turtles  and  marine  animals  and  like  this  post  are  not  willing  to  understand  its  effects  on  the  entire  wild  life  around  us  and  the  fact  that  no  one  has  actually  said  something  strong  about  it  i  felt  like  my  post  had  to  be  strong  enough  for  them  to  understand,  a  VOICE  for  lawful  protection  of  animals.

You  post  also  had  to  LEGIBLE  enough  for  them  to  understand,  hence  the  writing  skills  etc  etc.

Quote:                

Along  with  rules  moderators  have  mentioned  about  writing  skills  and  posting  rules

Again  ,  not  a  mod  but  speaking  of  rules
 Voila  Â >  Forum  Usage  Guidelines

Quote:                

why  dont  you  guys  even  mention  wildlife  conservation  and  make  newbies  expose  themselves  to  wildlife  conservation  and  instead  of  giving  importance  to  grammer,  an  uneducated  person  like  me  would  dedicate  the  same  amount  of  time  even  in  learning  about  our  beautiful  wildlife  and  on  means  to  protect  it  which  are  far  more  important  that  just  grammer.

"love  ye  brothrs"
 RAj                

Those  rules  are  unwritten  ,  and  people  do  get  put  down  for  messing  around.  I  myself  have  gotten  straightened  out  by  the  mods/admins  a  couple  of  times.
 I  am  all  for  the  conservation  of  our  coral  reefs  myself,  and  I  do  make  it  a  point  to  rant  in  all  the  threads  where  I  see  dead  coral  in  a  tank.  
 But  there  are  ways  to  do  it,  either  by  pm  or  mail  ,  before  you  decide  to  attack  the  person.
manmathan55
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:27 pm Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

Sea  Horse  is  available  in  Kolathur.  I  have  seen  it  in  a  couple  of  LFS  though  the  cost  is  exhobirant  but  they  do  sell  it  openly.

Mathan.
nature_lover
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:38 pm Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

I  think  you  should  be  telling  that  to  the  authorities,  Mathan.

We  do  not  mind  stuff  coming  in  without  the  proper  papers  when  we  know  they  are  coming  in  from  a  breeder.  But  endangering  wildlife  is  a  serious  crime.
manmathan55
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:25 pm Post subject: Re: Seahorses Reply with quote

Sure  I  would  lodge  a  complaint  if  I  see  it  next  time.  But  if  these  LFS  are  selling  it  openly  definitely  the  authorities  would  know  this.  BTW  whom  should  I  contact  if  I  need  to  lodge  a  complaint  in  chennai.

Mathan.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Marine Fishes All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: