179. Guest
180. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,728

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Why not an IAH magazine?
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Why not an IAH magazine?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Site Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brojo
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:34 am Post subject: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

I  have  been  using  IAH  for  some  time  now  (went  into  a  hiatus  recently  after  a  tankful  of  oranda  fries  perished)  and  have  benifitted  immensely  in  terms  of  new  knowledge,  new  ideas  and  a  nice  network  of  knowledgable  people  who  have  answered  my  emergency  phone  calls  even  late  in  the  night.  
 I  think  IAH  has  and  generates  enough  material  to  run  a  regular  magazine  -  perhaps  once  every  two  months.  All  it  needs  is  a  supply  of  high  res  images  and  an  organised  enthusiastic  approach  to  editing,  printing  and  publishing.  
 If  there  are  assured  buyers  of  at  least  1000  copies  of  a  48  page  coloured  magazine  at  say  Rs  50  each  I  could  easily  bring  it  out.  If  a  beginning  is  made,  I  am  sure  it  will  be  successful.  I  have  been  a  journalist  for  seven  years  and  am  fairly  closely  associated  with  a  very  high  quality  (though  Bengali)  magazine  on  travel.  Bringing  the  magazine  out  is  not  a  big  deal  if  content  and  the  market  is  assured.  Content  I  can  see  is  assured  -  what  about  the  market?
 I  am  not  talking  about  something  that  the  Indian  Kennel  Club  brings  out.  I  think  it's  a  very  shoddy  and  ill  made  magazine.  I  am  talking  more  like  a  Sanctuary.  
 Are  the  site  administrators  interested?
 Sudipto
ravi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:47 pm Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

Hi  Sudipto,

We  had  discussed  about  starting  a  aquarium  magazine.  Based  on  magazine  ventures  of  friends  abroad,  we  had  postponed  the  IAH  magazine.  We  need  to  wait  till  aquarium  trade  is  better  organised  &  professionalised.  Till  then,  no  advertisements  !   Sad   If  we  go  by  ad  effects  &  results  for  IAH,  you  will  know  what  I  mean.   Smile
brojo
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:56 pm Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

Get  me  paid  subscribers  for  1000  copies  and  we  have  a  magazine.  It  will  be  break  even.  Anything  extra  that  is  sold  gives  you  a  profit.  By  the  way,  have  you  considered  asking  for  a  token  payment  to  use  your  website?  I  know  I  will  get  hate  mails  for  this  but  I  think  this  is  a  damn  good  site  and  it  costs  money  to  run  such  a  service.  So  why  not.
 Sudipto
aquascapes
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:39 pm Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

Ravi,
 It  is  do-able  if  we  all  pay  for  it  and  dont  depend  upon  money  generated  from  advertisements!
 But,  guys  who  will  contribute?  I  mean  if  the  administrators  have  a  hard  time  getting   contributions  for  the  site  who  will  work  for  the  magazine  -  let  someone  take  the  responsibility  for  the  editorial  work  -  remember  we  are  not  getting  volunteers  for  the  photo  competition  which  is  a  leasure  time  activity  than  this  is  a  much  responsible  duty!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
natbox
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:09 pm Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

dude  i  ll  be  the  first  person  to  pay  for  the  subscription  dudes  plz  start  it  sooner.i  love  the  idea  can't  wait  to  get  my  hands  on  one  !  Thumb Up  moreover  subscription  of  foreign  magazines  is  really  costly  for  guys  like  me.it  will  do  grt  wonders  for  IAH  as  well  as  passionate  hobbyists  like  me  who  do  not  have  enuf  money  to  pay  for  foreign  magazines.plz  keep  us  informed  on  this  project.if  needed  i  ll  do  marketing  free  of  cost  in  chennai  and  find  customers  Thumb Up   Thumbs Up
natbox
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:11 pm Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

and  one  more  thing  make  sure  the  token  payment  is  viable  dudes  because  its  not  easy  for  some  guys  to  pay  including  me  Very Happy
brojo
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 pm Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

Aqua
 The  scant  response  to  the  post  shows  that  it  will  be  difficult  getting  1000  subscribers  paying  Rs  50  each  for  such  a  magazine.  So,  perhaps  we  will  have  to  wait.  But  50k  is  the  bare  minimum  to  bring  out  something  decent  and  acceptable  -  provided  content  is  free.
 Sudipto
aquascapes
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
biswadeb
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:16 pm Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

hey  guys..im  new  to  this  site  and  am  already  overwhelmed  by  the  response  this  site  gets!  Im  sure  the  magazine  would  do  gr8  Rock On   

I  wld  love  to  contribute  anything  to  build  up  on  this  magazine!  it'll  really  be  kewl  to  have  something  like  this  in  India  Thumbs Up
natbox
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:49 pm Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

its  not  abt  the  scant  response  dude.its  scant  because  it  has  not  got  nuf  space  on  the  front  lines  dude  jus  ask  the  admin  to  put  this  on  the  front  page  then  see  the  response  dude.it  took  some  time  for  me  to  browse  thru  the  pages  to  c  this  thread  dude.so  it  will  surely  bring  more  response  if  it  is  in  the  front  page  dude  Thumb Up   Rock On
aquascapes
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:04 pm Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

I'm  sorry  I  am  not  authorized  to  put  anything  on  the  front  page  and  If  you  so  desire  you  can  start  listing  interested  people  and  than  we  sum  up  the  total  and  see  if  it  is  commercially  viable  -  If  so  we  can  request  the  admn.  to  endorse  the  project!
sandeepraghuvanshi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:22 pm Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

Hi
 I  would  go  along  with  Ravi's  assessement.  
 No  magazine  or  newspaper  can  sustain  itself  on  subscribers  alone  unless  it  is  backed  by  a  organization  with  deep  pockets.
 The  hobby  has  to  develope  and  find  deep  roots  before  such  a  project  is  undertaken.
 Hope  it  happens  soon.
joyban

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:46 am Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

Hi  All  

Well  we  can  always  have  a  pdf  magazine..  downlaod  and  read,  now  mostly  everything  is  Electronic....

Sujoy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
harshal
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:23 pm Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

Love  the  idea  of  an  indian  aquarium  magazine.  I  have  no  doubts  about  the  content  of  this  magazine  as  there  are  so  many  experienced  and  talented  people  here.  But  to  get  1000  subscribers  periodically  I  can't  say.  I  feel  it's  possible  since  the  price  tag  is  extremely  reasonable  Rs.50  every  2  months  does'nt  sound  like  it  could  hurt  anybody.  I  mean  since  we  are  a  community  of  people  who  are  passionate  about  the  hobby  I  am  sure  everybody  is  going  to  look  at  it  as  a  must  do.  It's  that  simple,  atleast  in  my  mind.  Hope  this  works.

Regards
       Harshal.
mistryde
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:45 pm Post subject: Re: Why not an IAH magazine? Reply with quote

Hi,
 Any  updates  on  this  ???  Do  we  have  a  magazine  yet  ?
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Site Chatter All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: