139. Guest
140. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,866

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shishirkamat
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:33 pm Post subject: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

Hi,
 Recently  got  a  batch  of  10  Ranchu  Goldfishes  from  a  fish  farm  from  Chennai  who  Advertises  on  IAH  regulary,I  was  told  that  these  are  imported  stuff,when  i  got  the  consignment  these  seem  to  be  nothing  better  than  Gutter  quality  fises,really  horrible.
 My  suggestion  to  fellow  Aquarist  would  be  not  to  buy  fishes  from  such  guys  unless  you  see  the  quality  of  fishes,or  ask  fellow  hobbyist  to  check  the  stock  before  buying  them.
 with  warm  regards
 Shishir  Kamat
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

shishirkamat  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi,
 Recently  got  a  batch  of  10  Ranchu  Goldfishes  from  a  fish  farm  from  Chennai  who  Advertises  on  IAH  regulary,I  was  told  that  these  are  imported  stuff,when  i  got  the  consignment  these  seem  to  be  nothing  better  than  Gutter  quality  fises,really  horrible.
 My  suggestion  to  fellow  Aquarist  would  be  not  to  buy  fishes  from  such  guys  unless  you  see  the  quality  of  fishes,or  ask  fellow  hobbyist  to  check  the  stock  before  buying  them.
 with  warm  regards
 Shishir  Kamat                

Thank  God  you  at  least  got  some  gutter  quality  Goldfishes.  I  was  wondering  how  you  and  the  good  doctor  from  Dharwar  could  be  so  trustworthy.  
 I  sincerely  believed  you  would  get  only  water  in  those  packets  after  I  checked  out  his  Chennai  website.  Thanks  for  the  information.  
 One  reason  why  we  urge  members  to  have  more  interaction  among  fellow  hobbyists  and  give  the  right  feedback  when  necessary.
 No  member  on  IAH  has  ever  recommended  that  fish  farm  website  or  the  seller.
nikitanain
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:23 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

ok  who  is  this  person  everyone  is  talking  about??  if  its  for  the  better  for  everybody  then  come  out  with  the  name....  also  pls  send  us  pics  of  the  fish  when  they  were  in  the  bags..  cause  am  sure  u  must  have  some  proof  Smile

i  get  a  feeling  that  this  is  about  snowdewaqua.....in  that  case  am  sure  that  this  is  not  true..  i  have  ordered  fish  a  lot  of  times  from  him  and  i  know  people  who  have  too.....
nikitanain
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

and  hey  i  forgot  to  mention  that  this  guy  also  gives  healthy  fish...  and  his  pricing  is  good  too...
 however  there  r  some  hobbeists  who  sell  good  fish  no  doubt,  but  their  pricing  is  outrageous....  i  get  the  feeling  that  this  topic  is  meant  to  sabotage  someones  reputation  and  help  some  other  people  make  more  sales....
skulasek
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

Hello  all,
 I  offer  my  services  to  check  out  fish  in  Chennai  to  fellow  hobbyist.
 While  i  don't  profess  knowledge  on  all  breeds,  the  least  i  can  do  is  check  on  the  general  health,  condition  they  are  kept  in  and  if  possible  take  pics  and  post  or  send.
 Sridhar
shishirkamat
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

Hi  Nikitanain,
 The  fishes  have  to  be  seen  to  believe  the  quality,most  of  the  fishes  were  sick  and  indeed  gutter  quality,Its  my  duty  to  guide  fellow  hobbyist,i  dont  charge  any  royalty  by  doing  so,neither  do  i  have  any  interest  in  spoiling  anybodys  reputaion.I  have  been  on  IAH  and  most  of  the  senior  members  know  me  very  well,you  can  further  ask  them  about  my  reputaion.  I  feel  only  people  who  can  supply  really  good  quality  stuff  should  only  dare  to  sell  their  products  here,else  face  such  consequences
 with  regards
 Shishir  kamat
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:45 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

Hello....
 Mr  Skulasek..  who  are  you,  where  are  you  from.

First  of  all...  just  introduce  your  self  in  our  Self  Introduction  forum  :  http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=15[/url]

Also  read  the  Forum  Guidelines  :  http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=28

Last edited by DJ_Rocky on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
nikitanain
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:54 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

@kamat  .....i  am  not  worried  or  interested  in  your  reputation....

u  had  combined  an  order  with  Raghavendra  M  Pai...  and  well  he  replied  back  saying  the  cardinal  tetras  he  got  were  in  good  condition....
 would  u  like  me  to  paste  the  email  here  or  would  u  like  to  post  the  pics  of  the  fish  in  THE  BAG  as  proof???
 snowdewaqua  is  a  very  proffesional  comapny..  mistakes  i  agree  can  happen  ,  but  this  guy  will  never  dupe  anyone....

also  he  sent  u  an  email  asking  u  what  has  hapepned..  and  u  told  him  u  r  not  interested  in  a  refund,  u  just  want  top  quality  fish...  well  if  he  wnated  to  dupe  u  ,  he  would  have  dissapeared  and  never  bothered  to  contact  u  or  offer  u  a  refund.....
shishirkamat
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

Nikitanain,i  am  a  hobbyist  and  not  an  LFS,i  buy  goods  for  my  own  hobby.I  have  never  said  the  fishes  had  died,it  was  only  poor  quality.The  question  of  duping  never  arises.It  was  me  who  trusted  him  first  and  paid  the  advance  without  knowing  the  supplier,this  was  my  initiative.So  when  i  trusted  him  i  should  have  also  received  imported  quality  stuff  what  was  claimed,dont  you  think  so?
 regards
 shishir  kamat
viky
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:09 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

are  we  talking  about  snowdew  aqua  guy??

if  so,
 then  firstly  sorry  to  hear  about  your  goldfish..
 secondly  let  me  say  that  me  and  my  fellow  members  of  aquarium  club  delhi  have  ordered  from  the  snowdew  aqua  guy,  and  i  can  say  for  myself  that  i  have  been  very  satisfied  by  the  fish,  quality  of  the  fish  and  the  price.  Thumb Up  
 we  even  plan  to  order  more  fish  from  him.
nikitanain
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:15 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

i  still  dont  believe  a  word  u  said  about  gutter  quality  fish....  i  have  been  ordering  fish  since  the  time  he  has  started  out....  the  fish  i  have  ordered  from  him  have  been  healthy,  strong  and  beautifull....

well  about  your  good  faith...  u  need  to  be  a  wise  buyer  and  research  first  about  the  seller  and  then  buy  thef  ish..  if  u  dint  do  that,  then  u  r  digging  our  own  grave.....
 btw  if  u  dont  have  proof  of  pics  then  its  better  u  back  off  and  ask  the  mods  to  delete  ths  thread  and  stop  spreading  rumors..  also  be  a  human  and  apoligise  to  snowdewaqua.....
nytyn
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:22 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

Hi  all!

I  dont  see  Shishir  or  Trevor  mentioning  SnowDewAqua  anywhere.  All  he's  said  is  "a  fish  farm  from  Chennai  who  Advertises  on  IAH  regulary".  

So,  why  do  you  take  it  so  personally?  And,  if  its  SnowDewAqua,  and  you  are  trying  to  protect  them,  because  you  are  really  really  convinced  they  are  good  people,  I  would  like  to  step  in  and  protect  the  interests  of  Shishir.

I  know  him  for  some  time,  only  through  IAH.  He  has  bought  stuff  from  me.  He  is  very  prompt  with  payments,  and  also  makes  sure  there  is  no  ambiguity  by  making  his  requirements  and  expectations  clear,  before  ordering.  And  one  thing  all  of  us  here  can  tell  you,  Shishir  knows  his  goldfish.

No  offence  meant  to  anyone,  but  when  he  has  been  treated  badly,  he  has  every  right  to  say  that,  so  others  can  benefit  from  his  experience.  Thanks  a  ton  for  letting  us  know,  Shishir.  

Check  with  the  mods,  if  they  are  ok  with  you  revealing  the  name  of  the  trader,  and  do  so.  This  will  surely  clear  up  all  misunderstandings,  and  will  get  the  point  across!
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:27 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

We  respect  everyone's  individual  opinion  and  are  thankful  for  the  widely  differing  feedback  from  our  members.
 I  can  imagine  the  internet  riots  we  would  have  if  we  allow  you  guys  to  post  prices.  Smile
codename
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:31 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

hi,

i  request  hobbyist  to  share  their  fish's,  plants,  inverts  to  fellow  hobbyist  so  in  future  if  you  run  out  of  any  particular  species  say  it  could  be  a  plant  or  a  fish  you  can  get  it  from  your  fellow  hobbyist..  i  would  not  recommend  hobbyist  to  get  fish's  from  unknow  LFS  unless  you  know  the  person.  never  get  a  fish  unless  you  see  them..  so  why  dont  we  form  a  team  shear  with  fellow  hobbyiest.  And  like  in  chennai  we  have  very  few  marine  hobbyiest  we  share  what  we  have  got  this  s  the  1st  step  that  we  have  taken  so  i  guess  this  will  widen  a  bit  more..  this  step  will  increase  the  hobby  and  also  you  can  save  your  pocket..  so  calm  down  guys  lets  think  what  we  can  do  next..  

regards

sampath

Last edited by codename on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
nikitanain
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:33 pm Post subject: Re: Purchase of fish from a breeder who advertises on IAH Reply with quote

at  nytyn....

i  have  no  tie  ups  with  snowdewaqua...  i  have  been  ordering  fish  from  him  since  a  long  time  hence  am  STATING  the  facts.  but  what  kamat  has  done  is  wrong..  without  any  proper  proof  he  has  absolutely  no  right  to  attack  the  reputation  of  snowdewaqua.....  if  he  had  proof  i  would  never  have  spoken...

nytyn  have  u  ordere  fish  from  this  snowdewaqua..  if  u  would  have  then  u  would  know  better  than  to  support  shirish....

btw  everyone  knows  that  this  is  about  snowdewaqua..  try  reading  between  the  lines....if  u  cant  then..  well..  good  for  u..  ignorance  is  bliss  Smile
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Chit Chat All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: